getrag shaft and fork by johnnyray401
Started on: 08-04-2014 10:15 PM
Replies: 6 (147 views)
Last post by: garage monster on 08-12-2014 12:41 AM
johnnyray401

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2014 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnnyray401Send a Private Message to johnnyray401Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im needing a shaft and fork for my getrag. its out of an '88 but have no idea if the tranny is original to the car. I need to know if i have the early or late version of the shaft and fork. Also, does anybody know where i can pick one up for less than the fiero store's price of like $350?? (Yes i am aware the front of that main shaft has been chopped off. I am only using the bellhousing.)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm guessing the early version. The shaft is the same diameter on both sides. Both holes are the same diameter. The late version has a smaller hole on the inner side.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rodney

4715 posts
Member since Feb 2000
PS. I think they should have stayed with the early bushing/bushing version. I think it is better than the bushing/needle bearing late style.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

garage monster

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2014 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for garage monsterSend a Private Message to garage monsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks to me like the first picture shows a larger hole for the shaft on the outer end and a smaller hole on the inner end.

I am putting the 6 speed conversion in my 87GT. I will be out of town tomorrow but if still needed I will look at my old trans Thursday night and will make a deal on the shaft and fork.
johnnyray401

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnnyray401Send a Private Message to johnnyray401Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for your replies! Getting ready to buy some stuff from you rodney! Are you sure the hole is bigger? or is the shaft just smaller on one end because the needle bearing is bigger? In other words, are the shafts interchangeable if you switch bearings? I might just buy all the bearings and see what fits.
johnnyray401

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnnyray401Send a Private Message to johnnyray401Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

johnnyray401

40 posts
Member since Jul 2013
whoah. 50 bucks for the needle bearing. maybe i won't.
garage monster

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for garage monsterSend a Private Message to garage monsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent you a PM and have the parts if you want them.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock