Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Use a DA or RA sander on PO's rattle can paint job?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Use a DA or RA sander on PO's rattle can paint job? by weloveour86se
Started on: 08-01-2014 07:43 PM
Replies: 2 (160 views)
Last post by: weloveour86se on 08-02-2014 07:10 PM
weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup, previous owner spray painted my car...

So can I use a sander with some fine grit paper? I'm not too worried about saving the factory paint, it's trashed anyway. My car was factory silver and if I can get back down to that I should be a lot better off for paint or dip or wrap. I plan on not going below the silver. Well that's the plan anyway.

I'm very much open to any other suggestions. My car's paint is pretty bad! Plus I really wanna finish my Kahines deckvent install.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/089703-2.html

Hand sanding SUKKS!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2014 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Id DA sand it with #80, then primer the whole thing. Im a professional though, so Id prob recommend you use #180. Main thing is to keep the pad flat on the surface so you dont sand a bunch of waves and divots in the body. Parts you cant get the DA on, you have to sand by hand. DONT try using ANY kind of stripper on it...even if it says its ok...whether someone or the can says it is. You will create a nightmare.
weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2014 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TY RG.

I'm on it! Screw hand sanding this whole car! No way I can paint or anything over PO's damned shaker can crap! It's all gotta come off.

Now to find a good DA.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock