FIero built on a Friday? by lordbg0205
Started on: 07-28-2014 08:42 PM
Replies: 3 (265 views)
Last post by: fieroparts.com on 07-29-2014 08:30 AM
lordbg0205

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2014 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lordbg0205Send a Private Message to lordbg0205Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So i just got done making coilovers from Aurraut (HELD) motorsports, the kit is fantastic as far as fit and finish. When i went to test fit my coilover setup on the drivers side the three strut mount studs go through the holes fine, but the center strut shaft with bushings comes with in a millimeter of the edge of the big hole. What gives, the kit is correct i measured them against eachother and the factory strut plates that came off the car. The three holes werent drilled correctly to center them around the big hole. Has anybody seen this before? The strut is 1/2" forward on the top vs the right side. Caster doesnt matter as the rears arent steering wheels. Should i redrill the three holes to center and worry about structural integrity? Or remove about 2mm with my dremel around the front of the strut hole? I have to think my 87 gt was built on a friday afternoon, right before a nice long drunken weekend.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would weld up the incorrectly located holes and redrill.
I have never seen this issue crop up.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-08-2018).]

fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First time for everything.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock