Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Messed up wiring, and needs help sorting it all out...

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Messed up wiring, and needs help sorting it all out... by AMilli96
Started on: 07-28-2014 01:43 AM
Replies: 15 (233 views)
Last post by: fierosound on 07-30-2014 08:40 AM
AMilli96

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2014 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AMilli96Send a Private Message to AMilli96Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys/girls,
I'm very new to the Fiero world as I just acquired a "free" 1984 SE auto. It was sitting in a field for sometime, the previous owner says 2 years, but it was last registered 7 years ago, anyways... Its not running. My father and I just replaced the fuel pump, filter and strainer, battery, starter. When we were going to start it up I was all confident because all it "needed" was a fuel pump. But the starter just clicks when I try to start it. I was digging through some of the wiring under the back glass in the engine bay and I notice that a bunch of wires are wrapped up in what looks to be a heap of electrical tape and garbage bags. I opened it up and I see a melted plastic piece with a bunch of wires going in and out. I need help sorting it out. I appreciate all of the help in advance!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
donuteater306

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2014 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for donuteater306Send a Private Message to donuteater306Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You're gonna have to post a few photos. So many possibilities.
AMilli96

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2014 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AMilli96Send a Private Message to AMilli96Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, This may seem like I don't know what I am doing, only because I do not... But how do I upload pictures that I take with my phone?
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2014 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the Forum! I can't help you with cell phone uploads, but as you are in Flint, there are a number of Fiero experts near you that could tell you what you need. Stay active on this thread for a few days and they will probably show up.
AMilli96

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2014 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AMilli96Send a Private Message to AMilli96Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alrighty, figures out how to post pics... and this is what it looks like.[img] ... not too pretty, right?
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AMilli96

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AMilli96Send a Private Message to AMilli96Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for doing that! And, yes. this is the problem. It touched the exhaust manifold directly and burnt it to a crisp...
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If there is a pick and pull yard near you, you can pull an engine harness from an 84 Fiero and swap it. Two plugs connect it to the body harness. One with the bolt right in the middle of the firewall. The second is inside the car just a bit. After unplugging it the engine harness slips out to the engine compartment.

Your replacement harness needs to be in 84 and needs to have the same transmission as yours.

You can also look and/or advertise on the MALL Forum here and see if someone has one to sell. Most likely they do.

It will be easier to swap the harness than to fix it.

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 07-29-2014).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good advice.....I have access if you can not source nearby. Manual or auto?
AMilli96

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AMilli96Send a Private Message to AMilli96Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello, thank you all for the great advice. And it is an auto, but soon to be manual. the previous owner did not take care of the car...
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can get one tomorrow for you, which do you want?
PFF
System Bot
AMilli96

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AMilli96Send a Private Message to AMilli96Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like to have a automatic. Only because that is what I have. This is my first time doing anything like this. so I'm not sure how do I pay you for this?
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have PayPal?
AMilli96

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AMilli96Send a Private Message to AMilli96Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes we do have a PayPal account. if you don't mind me asking, where are you getting the harness from? Also, will it be tested for functionality?
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check your PMs.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

You can also look and/or advertise on the MALL Forum here and see if someone has one to sell. Most likely they do.

Yup. I found one for my Indy that way. I needed an 84 harness with automatic and air conditioning.

Unfortunately, when I opened the box it was apparent the Seller didn't send me what I wanted. (for a manual with no A/C)

Get good pictures I guess...

PS - once they heard Fiero Factory wanted $350 + S/H for one, "everyone" had one to offer me.
The one I got was $40 + shipping (granted it wasn't what I was told I was getting)

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 08-03-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave