ENGINE MOUNTS by RPYRAZOO
Started on: 07-27-2014 11:14 AM
Replies: 4 (317 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 07-29-2014 11:01 PM
RPYRAZOO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RPYRAZOOClick Here to visit RPYRAZOO's HomePageSend a Private Message to RPYRAZOOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When changing engine mounts on a stock 2.8, should the auto. tranny. mounts be changed? Also, can rubber and poly mounts be used together and which vendor is the best to buy the parts from? I have a poly. dogbone from the FS and am wondering if I should go poly on the mounts.
Thanks again,
Rich
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would replace them all - Stock rubber type. Poly in the dog bone is good but you don't need it for the motor or trans mounts. Stock rubber keeps the vibrations out of the drive train and makes for a better ride.
RPYRAZOO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RPYRAZOOClick Here to visit RPYRAZOO's HomePageSend a Private Message to RPYRAZOOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for letting me know which way to go with this. Where would you go for parts?
Rich
mcguiver3

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mcguiver3Send a Private Message to mcguiver3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've gotten mine from AutoZone If not in stock, only a day to get them.
Napa is another source, they should be able to get them too.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When a rubber engine/trans mount is 25+ yrs old it's usually in need of replacement. Agree with using rubber mounts although I use poly mounts and twin dog bones on my 3800SC. While the engine sits solid, you do feel vibrations at idle but at road speed I notice no difference. If the engine is stock rubber mounts are the way to go. .

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock