Wiring Help by FieroJosh1993
Started on: 07-26-2014 03:42 PM
Replies: 2 (191 views)
Last post by: FieroJosh1993 on 07-26-2014 07:31 PM
FieroJosh1993

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2014 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJosh1993Send a Private Message to FieroJosh1993Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys,

So Im working on my 87 gt and im trying to wire up the temp sending unit to the gauge. Heres my problem, when I bought the car the owner said the temp gauge wasnt hooked up and he added in his own gauge that stayed in the trunk. I dont want that, I want the gauge to work but I dont see any wires that arent already hooked up to other gauges or sensor, i think the old owner took the wire for the temp gauge to the temp sending unit out. So, where can i buy the right wire and how do I hook it up to the gauge. What gauge of wire do I need for a sending unit like this?

Below are some photos of what Im talking about.

Heres the sending unit

This is the after market gauge the old owner had

Heres the temp gauge in the car. I need a wire to go from the first pic to this pic basically, where can i get the wire and is this even what needs to be done for the gauge to work properly?

Thanks for the help,

Josh

[This message has been edited by FieroJosh1993 (edited 07-26-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2014 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok - First you need this sensor - the one marked light and gauge. If the parts store tries to sell you the other one it won't work.

http://www.rockauto.com/cat...249107&parttype=4748
The ones with the SIDE NOTCH - like the one - BWD/NIEHOFF Part # WT414P

Then you need the connector for it.

http://www.summitracing.com...KUt69qMx4aAnZE8P8HAQ

Then remove the trunk gauge sender and put this one in. Find the two cut wires that used to go to your old temp sender. One is Dk. Green and the other is Dk. Green/Yellow. Hook up one of each sender wire to one of the wires from the harness. Then run it for a bit and see if the gauge moves. If not swap the two wires.

The cut ends of the wires should be near the distributor wiring.
FieroJosh1993

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2014 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJosh1993Send a Private Message to FieroJosh1993Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
awesome, thanks man. I bought both just now. I also went an look for the two wires you talked about and I found them

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock