88GT V6 engine not stable. by pommejaune
Started on: 07-26-2014 03:30 PM
Replies: 19 (349 views)
Last post by: Gall757 on 07-28-2014 02:27 PM
pommejaune

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2014 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pommejauneSend a Private Message to pommejauneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello,

After water pump replaced the car is running again but I've a question in low rev the engine is not stable.
In low rev the engine is "barking", sorry I don't know the term in English :-)

Any idea?
pJ
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2014 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
'missing?'
pommejaune

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2014 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pommejauneSend a Private Message to pommejauneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sputtered is more accurate I think.
pJ
Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2014 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When you need to work on the water pump, it's easy to hit some of the vacuum lines around the MAP and EGR solenoid. Make sure all those little connectors are still OK.
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2014 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bark Collar?

Shock the engine every time it barks?
pommejaune

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pommejauneSend a Private Message to pommejauneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Important remark, it was already the case before the water pump replacement.
I'm now cleaning up the extra wires located in the engine compartment, installed for a big sono. The battery is in the front trunk and I've now yet checked were the + cable is coming from/

Gall757, this is a good remark, I've found some pictures/doc of these vacuum lines and I can tell already that the connection from the EGR to the air cleaner was missing -- Found the cable :-)

I've found some more cables alone in the dark ....

Thx
pJ

[This message has been edited by pommejaune (edited 07-27-2014).]

Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like the PCV valve is disconnected. I have no idea what all those Ignition coil wires are doing. What's the blue wire?

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 07-27-2014).]

pommejaune

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pommejauneSend a Private Message to pommejauneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello,

I confirm that the PVC is disconnected but were is it going?

The blue cable seems to be a turbo jauge on the dashboard! I'll take more pictures.

It's going worst, after a light clean-up and some parts painting the engine is stopping.

Engine running like a potato

Pictures of the engine

And a small engine global video for you

Small video

NW-Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NW-FieroSend a Private Message to NW-FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see the EGR vacuum valve has been removed. is the plate over the housing leaking??

The 2 vacuum lines which run to the back trunk wall, I do not see them in the picture. One goes to the Throttle Body and the other to the side of the Plenum, please verify they are plugged or connected.

[This message has been edited by NW-Fiero (edited 07-27-2014).]

pommejaune

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pommejauneSend a Private Message to pommejauneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello NW-Fiero,

Are the 2 vacuum lines the blue and green on the schema? The blue doesn't exist and the EGR is only connected to the sensor (loop)

Concerning the vacuum lines, I've taken another picture because I'm not sure what we are speaking about :-)

I'ts strange because before last cleaning and some painting the car was driving well ....

Question, plate over the housing leaking?? Where is it?

pJ

NW-Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NW-FieroSend a Private Message to NW-FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK I see the blue vac line on engine goes from the vapor canister to the plenum. there should be another vac line leading to the Throttle body.. that would be the brown line in the schematic.

If you are sure it is a vacuum leak here is "cheap" trick to find the location

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMok2y05jNE

For the true back yard mechanic....
------------------
Mark
' 85 2m6 3.4PR
In the Great Northwest!

[This message has been edited by NW-Fiero (edited 07-27-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NW-Fiero:

OK I see the blue vac line on engine goes from the vapor canister to the plenum. ....

The vapor canister is missing.....
NW-Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NW-FieroSend a Private Message to NW-FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The what is the blue vacuum line hooked up to? and is the throttle body vac inlet blocked off.??

NW-Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NW-FieroSend a Private Message to NW-FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

NW-Fiero

446 posts
Member since Aug 2008
The what is the blue vacuum line hooked up to? and is the throttle body vac inlet blocked off.??

------------------
Mark
' 85 2m6 3.4PR
In the Great Northwest!

Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a nice video that the OP posted.....there is a lot to see that I don't understand...but it appears that the fuel tank vapor line is tied directly to the intake plenum.
pommejaune

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2014 04:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pommejauneSend a Private Message to pommejauneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello all,

To give you some help, I've done some painting on the red crosses and put some tape on the wires (green cross)

It seems that the engine is not breathing!?

pJ
Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2014 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pomme: Just about all of the emissions hardware has been removed or modified on your Fiero. If the computer chip has not been changed, the car will probably not perform normally. As an example, I can post a picture of the EGR solenoid on my car, and you can compare it to the picture you posted.

NW-Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2014 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NW-FieroSend a Private Message to NW-FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did we identify where this line connects??

ERG Valve Diaphram missing??

------------------
Mark
' 85 2m6 3.4PR
In the Great Northwest!

pommejaune

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2014 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pommejauneSend a Private Message to pommejauneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is strange because until yesterday evening the car was performing normally at the exception of the very low unstability and now. .... nothing.
It looks like I've touch something wrong with my big fingers ....

Another question for you NW-Fiero, what is under the green arrow? Did the black hole eat half of my engine? :-) i've nothing there!???

[This message has been edited by pommejaune (edited 07-28-2014).]

Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2014 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cruise control

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock