Need some help to finish my engine swap by classic ccg
Started on: 07-25-2014 09:03 PM
Replies: 10 (243 views)
Last post by: classic ccg on 07-28-2014 08:21 PM
classic ccg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for classic ccgSend a Private Message to classic ccgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a fiero with a bad engine so I put a 2.8 back in my car so it would be easy to get running, but I'm so unlucky I still have problems. I think the problem is a heater core hose, and I think it goes to the top of the water pump, but the hose is too short. The engine I pulled out does not have the smaller pipe on the top of the water pump. If this is not where the hose goes can someone show me where it goes or how to fix it?

I need to get this fixed asap because my daughter is starting school soon and we need two cars up and running.

In pic one you see the hose.

http://s1248.photobucket.co....jpg.html?sort=3&o=4

Pic two is where I think it goes to the top of the water pump.

http://s1248.photobucket.co....jpg.html?sort=3&o=6

Pic three is showing the engine I pulled not having the smaller pipe on the top.

http://s1248.photobucket.co....jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by classic ccg:

I believe you are right. It's hard to tell in this close up picture. I believe the nipple it attaches to is just to the left, here in this picture. If its too short, just buy another hose. they are not expensive.

Jim

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jimbolaya

10652 posts
Member since Feb 2007
Ok, so I went outside, in the dark, just for you. That hose attaches to a nipple that is just below the big radiator hose that attaches to to fill port, where the t-stat is located. Which in the picture above is exactly what I was talking about. It also looks plenty long enough.

Jim

[This message has been edited by jimbolaya (edited 07-25-2014).]

classic ccg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for classic ccgSend a Private Message to classic ccgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will try and fix it tonight thank you for your help

[This message has been edited by classic ccg (edited 07-25-2014).]

classic ccg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for classic ccgSend a Private Message to classic ccgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

classic ccg

40 posts
Member since Dec 2013

Originally posted by jimbolaya:

Ok, so I went outside, in the dark, just for you. That hose attaches to a nipple that is just below the big radiator hose that attaches to to fill port, where the t-stat is located. Which in the picture above is exactly what I was talking about. It also looks plenty long enough.

Jim

thank you so much for the fix i feel dumb

and in pic two what hose goes there ?

maybe some pic ?

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2014 05:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

I'll have to go look, and get a pic, when the sun comes up for pic 2. However, from memory, it is another coolant hose that goes toward the rear of the car,(trunk side) then i think down an around the engine.

Jim
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2014 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What year Fiero are you putting the engine into?
87 & 88 do not use the pipe on the water pump for the heater core return, it runs to the small nipple on the passenger side under car coolant pipe.
The 85 & 86 use the pipe on the water pump as the heater core return.
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2014 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

87 & 88 do not use the pipe on the water pump for the heater core return, it runs to the small nipple on the passenger side under car coolant pipe.

Good catch. I have a nasty habit of assuming everyone else's car is the same as mine just because its a Fiero.

Jim

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2014 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jimbolaya

10652 posts
Member since Feb 2007
I'm not going to be able to get you a picture today, but if yours is an 86 like mine, that hose from the water pump in pic 2 heads towards the trunk, and connect to a metal nipple there.

Jim
classic ccg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2014 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for classic ccgSend a Private Message to classic ccgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

its a 87 gt how woulg i block it off?
classic ccg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2014 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for classic ccgSend a Private Message to classic ccgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

classic ccg

40 posts
Member since Dec 2013
Thank you for all the help my car is a 87 gt how would can i block that off?
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock