Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  C203 shorting out. Intermittent CEL Fuel pump runs weird.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
C203 shorting out. Intermittent CEL Fuel pump runs weird. by mitchjl22
Started on: 07-25-2014 01:56 PM
Replies: 3 (106 views)
Last post by: mitchjl22 on 07-25-2014 06:17 PM
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was installing my Speedo conversion circuit for my 3800 swap, when I was trying to probe for switched power, I found this short. I have no idea whew it's coming from, or where I should look, or even how to find it.

Any help or suggestions welcome.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: When I wiggle PIN F it freaks out. How do I fix a bad connection on pin F?
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any chance your car is dying at times also? Pin F is switched power to the ECM.

Open the clear connector. Take a small screwdriver and untang the Pin F connector and pull it out backwards. Bend the connector so the pin then makes a tight contact when inserted. Reassemble.

It might also be a problem with a less than tight crimp on the Pin F terminal. Once you have the wire out check it. Solder if needed. There is a possibility that the copper wire is broken inside the plastic coating.

------------------

Revised -

I see you are installing my speedo buffer. Isn't there a replacement pin on the buffer already for pin F of C203? So the speedo buffer will replace the suspected pin correct?

I sure hope it isn't that the problem is that my pin F terminal on the speedo buffer is at fault.

---
btw when things disconnect electrically that should be connected we call that an open. A short is when two things connect that should not be connected.

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 07-25-2014).]

mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

Any chance your car is dying at times also? Pin F is switched power to the ECM.

Open the clear connector. Take a small screwdriver and untang the Pin F connector and pull it out backwards. Bend the connector so the pin then makes a tight contact when inserted. Reassemble.

It might also be a problem with a less than tight crimp on the Pin F terminal. Once you have the wire out check it. Solder if needed. There is a possibility that the copper wire is broken inside the plastic coating.

Your connector is great and replaces pin G. Pin F is not altered. I reseated the connector and no problems now. Thanks for the quick reply.

[This message has been edited by mitchjl22 (edited 07-25-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock