Radiator by raysr11
Started on: 07-24-2014 06:13 PM
Replies: 2 (203 views)
Last post by: raysr11 on 07-24-2014 10:18 PM
raysr11

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for raysr11Send a Private Message to raysr11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just bought an aluminum radiator from Champion and I can't get it to fit. I called back and they said it was the correct radiator. It is too high. The hood doesn't shut. Can any help me with this? The bolts on the side of the top mount a over an in from the frame.

Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by raysr11:

I just bought an aluminum radiator from Champion and I can't get it to fit. I called back and they said it was the correct radiator. It is too high. The hood doesn't shut. Can any help me with this? The bolts on the side of the top mount a over an in from the frame.

Thanks

Do you maybe have a picture of it?

As far as I know, the radiators were all the same across the board.

The radiator sits on that "shelf" that's attached to the core support. It basically sits on those two rubber isolators. If the isolators aren't situated properly, it could be pushing it up too high.
raysr11

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for raysr11Send a Private Message to raysr11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found a post by Archie that goes into cutting down the rubber supports to gain clearance. So I 'm going to try that. He says it's a "tight fit" but that OK, as long as I can get it in there. To anyone who has done this if you have any tips I would appreciate it.

Thanks for the reply.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock