3800 swap, second install, no fuel pump on ignition by aarwigg
Started on: 07-21-2014 10:39 PM
Replies: 6 (242 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 03-29-2019 03:35 PM
aarwigg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aarwiggSend a Private Message to aarwiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've just installed my 3800 in my 88, which was working fine before the second install (new engine gaskets), but now the fuel pump is not heard on ignition. The fuel pump relay is heard clicking off after a couple seconds. I did have a few wires break from tension while pulling the cradle out the side, but I have repaired all of those, I think, at least the obvious ones. I replaced the oil pressure switch. I have four 3800 electrical connectors unconnected, all having to do with the A/C? ( compressor, pressure, and two others, one square plug near O2 sensor bank 2, the other near alternator/ injector 2). The age of the fuel pump is unknown. All of this being said, is it likely that the fuel pump would all of a sudden become faulty due to its own problems (not other wiring issues). I have connected okay to the ECM also, no trouble codes shown.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is the fuel pump to body harness connector plugged in?
aarwigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aarwiggSend a Private Message to aarwiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is that C502? It appears to be connected, I will take a closer look tomorrow.
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And is there power on Tan/White of that plug?
aarwigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aarwiggSend a Private Message to aarwiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Although I can't tell the color for sure, the middle terminal is getting 8.36 volts in the run position, with an initial 13 volt spike. One terminal was zero, while the other was 500mv in the off position and 1v in run. Also, the 8.36 never changed even after the first couple seconds.
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2019 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is the 203 plug "Plugged in" and working (under the console ?)
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2019 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aarwigg:

Although I can't tell the color for sure, the middle terminal is getting 8.36 volts in the run position, with an initial 13 volt spike. One terminal was zero, while the other was 500mv in the off position and 1v in run. Also, the 8.36 never changed even after the first couple seconds.

Middle wire is for the fuel gage.
Outer wires supply power and ground to fuel pump.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock