EGR throttle body vacuum port by 1Fred
Started on: 07-20-2014 01:05 PM
Replies: 5 (495 views)
Last post by: 1Fred on 07-20-2014 05:33 PM
1Fred

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1FredSend a Private Message to 1FredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been trying to trace the small tubing that provides vacuum to the EGR vacuum Reg soleniod from the Throttle body and have no ides where the port is, I checked vacuum at the solenoid and didn't have any, but can't find the port to check it there, maybe a picture would help or it is some where I won't be able to see it? Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure exactly what you're looking for, but these may help:

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IIRC, the port for the EGR solenoid is the smaller one on the bottom of the throttle body. It doesn't get any vacuum at idle, only at part throttle (i.e. ported vacuum). And as I understand it, the EGR vacuum solenoid is never fully closed. So checking for vacuum leaks can be tricky.

If you're just wanting to check the hoses, then you could disconnect both ends of the hose, then cap one end and connect the other end to a vacuum source. Be careful handling those old plastic vacuum lines. They become very brittle, and can break easily.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 07-20-2014).]

1Fred

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1FredSend a Private Message to 1FredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you, I think this is what I'm looking for, I found the large hose this morning and didn't see the small, so will go back and look. Is there any reason I can't sub any small rubber hose to see if that fixes my problem?
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That should be fine.
1Fred

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1FredSend a Private Message to 1FredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One final question, I think the port I'm looking for is on the right over the black bolt head, is that correct? I checked for vacuum there and had it, so hope I'm right. Thank you again.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock