finishing up by cmechmann
Started on: 07-19-2014 08:58 PM
Replies: 0 (80 views)
Last post by: cmechmann on 07-19-2014 08:58 PM
cmechmann

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2014 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cmechmannSend a Private Message to cmechmannEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
many have read my post all over the forum and know that I have had things that have delayed my swap.
This is a poor mans/ghetto swap. And the car is fugly, so I will not be offering the boring pics. Most everything is here on the forum anyway.
Due to affordabilty, I went with a 1992/3 (1992 block/heads, 1993 M63 gen 3 charger) 1993 Park Avenue Ultra PCM. Engine was $200.00 What do you expect. However in very good shape. Tore down and inspected.
Also the 1992/3 SC PCM used pwm torque converter and most other 4T60e, with a close ratio, didn't until around 1995. The one I got was a 1995 with same ratio and final drive (reversed fine tooth)used on the SCs that year. From a different model, so I had to change some of the internal wiring. But it had less than a year on a decent quality rebuild. It was $145.00.
Shoot me for not using Series II, ODBII, and a 4T65e HD. but that's the funds I had.
The axles came out of a 1995 Nbody with a 3.4. Only had to change the center of the right axle with a Wbody center.
I went with a 4 mount point setup instead of a dogbone. The right rear mount bracket is reinforced by connecting from the rear head, to the tailstock of the transmission. The alternator bracket is part of it. The other brackets I also made but they are similar to stock brackets, but beefier.
The exhaust was blocked off at the rear manifold and a y pipe was made to dump it out where the stock exhaust went with spring flange right after the O2. All 2 1/2 pipe. I shortened a small area of the bottom of the truck so the muffler could be mounted below it. I made the bottom level instead of angled on the bottom. Really didn't loose much space and made that up by loosing the distributor blower.
All in all it runs very well (not series II sweet, but sweet). I love the tach at 75. Around 2300.

2 things to do to stop the qdm errors.
Have to wire the temp light to the PCM. No big deal.
Also have to set up the purge control. This is where I have questions.
The 1993 PCM has the cruise control built in and the wiring for it appears to be the same as the stock cruise module. Most of the same colors too. Except for the vacuum solenoid. Have seen some of the stock modules without the solenoid. Some with. And some with, but disconnected?
Can I use the cruise vacuum solenoid as my purge solenoid and wire up the rest of the cruise circuit to the PCM? The 1993 PCM diagram doesn't show a vacuum solenoid in the cruise system. Just the servo connections and control/brake switch connections. And that closely matches the stock system.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)
next newest topic | next oldest topic

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock