Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Finishing touches before I finish up the engine(3800 wiring)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Finishing touches before I finish up the engine(3800 wiring) by Threedog
Started on: 07-19-2014 01:02 PM
Replies: 1 (197 views)
Last post by: MulletproofMonk on 07-20-2014 09:48 AM
Threedog

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2014 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do have a few questions as I built my own harness:

-What is the data link connector? (http://www.gmtuners.com/files/96_3800_PCM_Fiero_wiring.pdf)

-The fuel pump relay confuses me a bit. where do the two org/blk wires go? I know they both go to the C203 connector, but they also connect to the DLC? And what does +12v mean? (http://i.imgur.com/hGoxxo9.jpg.)

-There is also a "+12v" on the injectors, do I have to add something?

- Also, do I need to take the OBD2 connecter from the donor car? Or if I wire up the Fieros will I be able to read it with an OBD2 scanner?

-Finally, how to I attach the computer to the battery? I understand it is orange and pin 20, but it says connect to "fused 10 amp battery power feed". How do I connect it? Just a inline 10amp fuse, but how do I connect it to the battery?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Threedog:
-What is the data link connector? (http://www.gmtuners.com/files/96_3800_PCM_Fiero_wiring.pdf)
- Also, do I need to take the OBD2 connecter from the donor car? Or if I wire up the Fieros will I be able to read it with an OBD2 scanner?

The data link connector is the ODB2 Connector from the donor vehicle. Normally under the dash in the car.

-The fuel pump relay confuses me a bit. where do the two org/blk wires go? I know they both go to the C203 connector, but they also connect to the DLC? And what does +12v mean? (http://i.imgur.com/hGoxxo9.jpg.)

One power goes to the C203 pin L (Fuel Pump) and the other goes to the C203 pin B (+12v power)

-There is also a "+12v" on the injectors, do I have to add something?

Did you wire it to +12v power? If you did, then you will have power to the injectors. If you didn't, then you won't have any power to the fuel injectors...

-Finally, how to I attach the computer to the battery? I understand it is orange and pin 20, but it says connect to "fused 10 amp battery power feed". How do I connect it? Just a inline 10amp fuse, but how do I connect it to the battery?

I took orange pin 20, connected it to an inline fuse holder and attached it to the power post under the c500 with a ring.

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Modified stock air canister and base to 3.5 inch for 3800na

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock