cranks but won't fire 3800 sc. by slink
Started on: 07-16-2014 10:38 AM
Replies: 5 (173 views)
Last post by: slink on 07-17-2014 12:31 PM
slink

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for slinkSend a Private Message to slinkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Last year put a new fuel pump and filter- at the beginning of the season was starting okay- gut it got harder and harder for it to fire. I put 6 new plugs in and now it won't fire at all- thanks for any ideas
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have spark?

Does the tach move?

Do you have the proper FUEL PRESSURE? (along with that is the fuel pump even coming on?)

Can you scan the ECM

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 07-17-2014).]

Jake_2m4

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_2m4Send a Private Message to Jake_2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 3800 would run and then die. It started occuring more frequently until eventually it would turn over but no longer run. I tried the Cam Position Sensor but the real problem was the Crankshaft Position Sensor. That would be my first guess.

[This message has been edited by Jake_2m4 (edited 07-16-2014).]

slink

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slinkSend a Private Message to slinkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The tach does move- I finally found the shradder valve and there is gas there- I don't have a guage to measure fuel pressure- I looked on utube for the position of the crank sensor- by the pulleys- but I looked on mine by the pulley's and can't find the crank sensor- thanks for your help I can use it
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2014 05:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The fuel under pressure in the schrader valve should be under the same amount of pressure as in your house water pressure. So assuming you are pushing the valve during or right after the pump primes the system it should squirt hard enough to hit your eyes and the rear deck lid.

Maybe you should wear eye protection when doing the test and have a fire extinguisher handy.

slink

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2014 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slinkSend a Private Message to slinkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks -checked the shradded seemed okay. Had a gm mechanic come over and hook up the ecm shook some wires and then it started. But he says he doesn't know what he did to fix it. Hopefully this lasts - and thanks for the help.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock