86 GT vacuum lines by 1Fred
Started on: 07-15-2014 09:50 PM
Replies: 6 (233 views)
Last post by: 1Fred on 07-19-2014 02:19 PM
1Fred

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2014 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1FredClick Here to Email 1FredSend a Private Message to 1FredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I replaced the EGR valve today and the vacuum line was a little short so I tried pulling on it and may have disconnected it, my problem is where does it feed from?
Also I noticed when I was replacing the valve that there was oil in the tube going to it, is that normal and where does that come from?
I recently purchased the car and still learning, so have no idea where or what any thing is, but I'm learning fast.Thank you
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2014 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There should be a sticker on your rear deck lid showing the vacuum lines' locations. And I have this graphic...

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-08-2018).]

1Fred

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1FredClick Here to Email 1FredSend a Private Message to 1FredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The check engine light came on and the code showed the EGR valve, I cleared the code and replaced the EGR, but haven't driven the car since.
After replacing the EGR the car ran rough, so need to check the vacuum lines. Will let you know after checking the lines. Thank you 1Fredd
1Fred

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2014 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1FredClick Here to Email 1FredSend a Private Message to 1FredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I drove the car this morning and the check engine light came on again with the EGR code, the EGR is new and I checked the vacuum line fom the EGR to the solenoid which is good, when looking further there is a hose coming off the rear of the soleniod that leads no where, is this normal or is it my problem, if so where does it go? As far as the oil in the other connection to the EGR, it doesn't seem to be a lot. I do need to fix what is causing the check engine light to come on withe EGR code. Thank you
85 SE VIN 9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2014 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 SE VIN 9Click Here to Email 85 SE VIN 9Send a Private Message to 85 SE VIN 9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The loose hose is supposed to be connected to the snorkel for fresh air. There may be a small line on the firewall near the battery. I think it should be connected there, but ultimately it's just a source of clean air.
1Fred

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2014 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1FredClick Here to Email 1FredSend a Private Message to 1FredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found the connection for the hose and connected it, no difference, I then tried measuring the vacuum from the throttle body to the EGR solenoid and I don't have any, does anyone know what it should be, I tried racing the engine a little and didn't see any movement either, am I doing something wrong? Thank you for all the help ,so far. 1fred

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock