Series II tuning by Spiders1
Started on: 07-13-2014 10:37 AM
Replies: 7 (386 views)
Last post by: tomsablon on 07-19-2014 11:12 PM
Spiders1

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2014 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Spiders1Send a Private Message to Spiders1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Questions for the tuners out there. I had my computer "base" tuned. Flyer took out the the second o2, egr and I'm running a
getrag.

1. What vehicle is used for the manual swap?

2. When I get it together will my tuner be able to connect with HP tuners for the Dyno tune?

------------------
86 GT 3.8 SC/ 5 speed Getrag swap in progress

05 Mustang GT Supercharged tuned down from
560 to 530 RWHP

92 Stealth twin turbo

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Spiders1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Spiders1Send a Private Message to Spiders1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No answers.

------------------

560 to 530 RWHP

92 Stealth twin turbo

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Perhaps you should ask these questions of the person who provided the PCM......
Tweeder

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2014 02:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spiders1:

Questions for the tuners out there. I had my computer "base" tuned. Flyer took out the the second o2, egr and I'm running a
getrag.

1. What vehicle is used for the manual swap?

2. When I get it together will my tuner be able to connect with HP tuners for the Dyno tune?

With mine I used the auto tranny that it came with, I assume all codes should be zeroed out for the manual. Most stick with the auto as the manual won't last long behind the torque of the 3800. You will need to ad a obdII to your set up as well for hptuners.

------------------
86 SE Convertible 3800sc 4t65e HD.

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2014 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A good base tune is all you need unless you have parts other than stock.
or your Fuel trims are way off. You can gain a few mpg or hp with a custom tune but the cost to benefit ratio may not be worth it.
yes, your DHP tune can be ported to hptuners.

Spiders1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2014 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Spiders1Send a Private Message to Spiders1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did ask Dan about the tune..no response so far.

Every car should be Dyno tuned. So many Fiero guys guess at HP.
I want to know my car is tuned and running properly.

------------------

560 to 530 RWHP

92 Stealth twin turbo

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2014 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The HP Tuners editing suite is very good software. As stated by Tweeder, for a manual trans you disable (uncheck) all of the DTC's that are associated with shifting the automatic. If the PCM doesn't look for them no fault codes will register. You also uncheck any codes associated with things that are not used on your swap. If Dan supplied your PCM, he well knows all about the process. As for dyno tuning that is a science in itself and the final step. I would first get the car up and running properly and go from there..

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

tomsablon

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2014 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tomsablonSend a Private Message to tomsablonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had ryan make a chip for my 3.8sc 2003 series 2 manual getrag. runs great. no probs. scary actually.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock