Started on: 07-06-2014 03:21 PM
Replies: 2 (120 views)
Last post by: Threedog on 07-06-2014 07:46 PM
Threedog

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am about to remove the wires from my 3800 ECU(to custom make a wiring harness) but I can't figure out how to remove the wires from the connecter on the ECU! Maybe I am just being too careful, but I have tried pulling with no luck. Do they have to be pushed out from the other side?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
3800 SC 80 pin ECM connector?

After taking off the blue and clear covers with one hand pull back the white finger that holds the pin in. The move the pin away from the center post since that also is grooved and holds the pin in. Then with your third hand pull the wire backwards out of the connector.

If the wire is cut you can just pull the pin out forward through the connector also.
Threedog

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

3800 SC 80 pin ECM connector?

After taking off the blue and clear covers with one hand pull back the white finger that holds the pin in. The move the pin away from the center post since that also is grooved and holds the pin in. Then with your third hand pull the wire backwards out of the connector.

If the wire is cut you can just pull the pin out forward through the connector also.

Perfect, thanks dude.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock