TCC brake switch by BrittB
Started on: 07-05-2014 06:25 PM
Replies: 5 (573 views)
Last post by: BrittB on 07-12-2014 02:13 PM
BrittB

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I understand that there is a switch that activates the TCC solenoid that sometimes needs adjustment. What does it look like and what's the best way to adjust it?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cmechmann

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cmechmannSend a Private Message to cmechmannEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Should be part of the brake light on most or sometimes with cruise it is separate but mounts next to the brake light switch.
Where the brake light switch is adjusted to come on when brake is applied the tcc switch turns off when applied. Should be the purple wire.
BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I checked it out and it appears that the brake switch threads are worn out so I ordered another brake switch. Also, if I lift the brake pedal while driving I can get the TCC solenoid to work.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BrittB:
I checked it out and it appears that the brake switch threads are worn out so I ordered another brake switch. Also, if I lift the brake pedal while driving I can get the TCC solenoid to work.

That could be you have brake problems.
Can be as simple as pedal bushings are worn.
Pedal pivot is easy on auto trans.
Stick can be hard/impossible to remove the pivot. Same pivot used by both pedals.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Automatic without cruise control, super easy to swap out. I was thinking brake pedal issues at first but it appears that the switch threads have been wore down a bit and by pushing it towards the tab on the pedal I could easily move it. Pedal play appears to be fine but It's tough to get under the dash, may have to remove the seat!
BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2014 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Swapped out the ignition switch and the brake light/ TCC switch, works great! I was having the occasional no start issue so I figured to kill two birds with one stone so to speak. TCC seems to work well and it starts every time instead of every 2nd or 3rd time!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock