Two Electrical Problems by 86caddyslim
Started on: 07-05-2014 08:34 AM
Replies: 3 (140 views)
Last post by: phonedawgz on 07-05-2014 11:45 PM
86caddyslim

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86caddyslimSend a Private Message to 86caddyslimEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have after market VDO gauges with my 4.9 conversion. The alternator does not charge and the temp gauge pegs then returns to normal when I start the car. I have read several of the threads on the charging problem but I am wondering if my two problems are related? Also is there a direct connection between the terminal on the alternator and the "L" plug that plugs into it and goes to the terminals with the fuseable link?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
86caddyslim

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86caddyslimSend a Private Message to 86caddyslimEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Never mind, I found the answer to the "pegging" problem, still need help with the charging.
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you still have the charge warning light on your dash or was that removed when you swapped gauges? The alternator won't charge without that circuit in place.

I don't have a great pic of the circuit, but the regulator relies on a current draw through the bulb for the alternator to charge.

phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CS130 (4.9) alternator or one from your Fiero, and if from the fiero what year/engine?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock