Started on: 06-30-2014 03:08 AM
Replies: 42 (3951 views)
Last post by: Will on 07-06-2014 11:33 AM
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Do you have one that starts around 2K RPM? It does show more torque than my curve, but we only get to see about 1K of the power band from start of the dyno to HP peak. My chart shows about 4500 RPM between start and HP peak.

I suspect this dyno is from an automatic with a decent torque converter stall and one from a manual would be a more direct comparison to eliminate the benefits of auto vs. manual from just the engine to engine comparison.

We run stock L36 converters. The SC motors blow through them a bit and it gets it a bit more stall than normal (K factor), so its nothing too fancy.

I can easily say that low in 2nd gear the ~380whp manual trans 3800 i built with a really "bad for low end" cam was more than a handful at 2500 rpms.
IP: Logged
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

We run stock L36 converters. The SC motors blow through them a bit and it gets it a bit more stall than normal (K factor), so its nothing too fancy.

I can easily say that low in 2nd gear the ~380whp manual trans 3800 i built with a really "bad for low end" cam was more than a handful at 2500 rpms.

You may run stock converters on your builds, but the car from the dyno graph you shared had an ATI 3600 rpm stall.

Some could say my car is a handful at 2500 rpm in 2nd gear as well, so lets see the dyno from your 380whp manual trans car to see how different they are at 2500 rpm.

Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

no.

http://www.dragtimes.com/im...-Grand-Prix-Dyno.jpg

TROLLOLoLol... WTF is that?

[This message has been edited by Will (edited 07-06-2014).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page