Automatic shifter button wouldn't depress by notwohorns
Started on: 06-28-2014 05:43 PM
Replies: 7 (312 views)
Last post by: theogre on 07-01-2014 09:50 AM
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While up on the Dells Run, it happen to me two times. I was driving and pulled in somewhere to pak and I couldn't depress the button on the shifter handle to push it into park. . The shifter would move from drive the neutral and from neutral to drive but there is no shift detent for those gears. The button would not go in to get it into any other gear. I kept moving the shifter back and forth and finally the button did depress. I tape the button in the depress position for the rest of the trip and didn't have any problems. When I got home, I took the shifter surround off but I couldn't see any problem-everything was working as it should. Dose anybody have any ideas what could have caused the problem?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Might be a long shot, but make sure the shifter handle is fully seated all the way down where it belongs on the shaft.

GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check to see if you have brake lights. Could be the switch on the brake pedal. Just a thought
Good Luck
Gary
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will check that. I didn't know there was a brake switch to release a shift lock out solenoid. I didn't know there was a shift lock out solenoid
Bloozberry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Bloozberry (edited 07-01-2014).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by notwohorns:

I will check that. I didn't know there was a brake switch to release a shift lock out solenoid. I didn't know there was a shift lock out solenoid

No lockout solenoid. The button release is purely mechanical on the shifter mechanism.
No brake switch interface either.

So much erroneous 'helpful' info on here sometimes......
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by notwohorns:

There isn't a brake shift interlock solenoid on a fiero. There is a cable that goes between the shifter and ignition switch to keep the shifter from being moved out of park when the key is in the "off" position.

It could be out of adjustment.

[This message has been edited by seajai (edited 07-01-2014).]

theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See my Cave, Auto Shifter

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock