1998 3800Sc Question by Lou6t4gto
Started on: 06-27-2014 02:11 PM
Replies: 4 (127 views)
Last post by: Lou6t4gto on 06-27-2014 05:42 PM
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
on a 1998 Riviera 3800SC, is there a second "threaded port" where I can install a second elec OR Mechanical Temperature Gauge into ? or is the 1 port at the back by the left head used for the computer the only one ?? Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CAN one be installed into a "Inline" Hose adapter ? or would it not be accurate ?
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The only threaded port there is used by the combo ECM sensor and gauge sender, commonly known as a 3 wire CTS.

A sensor past a thermostat that might be stuck closed won't be of much use.

There is enough room next to the existing threaded port to add a second if you wish.

Not my pics or my work. Heck it looks like there is enough room for 4 sensors.
gtoformula

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got a 1998 Buick 3800SC in my 1986 GT. I tried to get the in dash temp gauge to work properly, but gave up. Instead I installed an AutoMeter 105-1436 electric sending unit ... link below. It comes with an 1/8" NPT sending unit. If you have a stock thermostat housing there is a bolt in the top center of the housing. The 1/8" sending unit will screw right in ... no mods necessary. I routed the wiring up through the center console and mounted the gauge between the lower steering column close out panel and the center console. It doesn't interfere with anything (including my right knee). Also, it can't be seen unless you look down there. I can see it if I look down while I'm driving, but it doesn't hang out there in a too obvious way. This gauge seems to be very accurate. Slowly gets up to 180* and stays there.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Auto+Meter/105/1436/10002/-1
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't put in another sender without removing the engine. Too bad I didn't think of this BEFORE I put the engine into the car ! I'll take a look at my thermostat housing. thanks

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock