Fuel pump by aktadracer
Started on: 06-27-2014 01:40 PM
Replies: 6 (174 views)
Last post by: aktadracer on 07-01-2014 03:51 PM
aktadracer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aktadracerClick Here to visit aktadracer's HomePageSend a Private Message to aktadracerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an 87 GT, the fuel pump quit working so I replaced it, still no fuel so I removed the tank & "new" fuel pump, tested it on the bench by ground and power, got nothing, so now I have another new pump, I tested it prior to reinstalling the tank again and I get nothing when grounding it and putting 12V to it! is there something I'm missing here?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bad connector on the plug
aktadracer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aktadracerClick Here to visit aktadracer's HomePageSend a Private Message to aktadracerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nope I powered directly to the pump
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you are applying power to the two pins and the pump is failing to work then the pump is bad.

Last (new) pump I replaced would run backwards if wired backwards, sucking at it's inlet and blowing it into the tank,

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

If you are applying power to the two pins and the pump is failing to work then the pump is bad.

Last (new) pump I replaced would run backwards if wired backwards, sucking at it's inlet and blowing it into the tank,

Wow what brand are these nasty pumps.
aktadracer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aktadracerClick Here to visit aktadracer's HomePageSend a Private Message to aktadracerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well the latest pump is a "performance electric" brand from rock auto, the on before it was a "air trac" brand from Autozone, neither would power up with direct 12V power and ground to the pins, going over to NAPA tomorrow and get one and have it tested while I'm there
aktadracer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aktadracerClick Here to visit aktadracer's HomePageSend a Private Message to aktadracerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally!! got a pump that works!, now I don't have power to it, fuse is good, relays are good, so now I'm tracing the power line, the gauge works so it must be the power line somewhere, and the oil pressure sending unit is newly replaced also. I think I'm beginning to dislike this car!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock