Fiero Intake Mod? by whitestar
Started on: 06-26-2014 11:03 PM
Replies: 2 (515 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 06-27-2014 10:00 AM
whitestar

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whitestarSend a Private Message to whitestarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have read that the stock intake is to restrictive. I was wondering if anybody ever thought of or tried what came to my mind. Take two complete intakes . The first one you cut about 1/4 off the bottom and the second about 1/4 off the top. Then take the first one and weld it together with second one. Then you would have a bigger stock fiero intake. I know it would take somebody with some skill to cut the intake in the right spot and then to weld the two 3/4 piece's together. But would it do what I was thinking? I not a engine car builder type, but I can try to do just about anything. So for some of the car mechanical guru's out there. What do you think?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageClick Here to Email fierofoolSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There have been some who've increased the belly of the upper intake, but still you have the restriction of the neck coming in from the throttle body. Bore the throttle body, open up the neck and increase the upper plenum volume would probably produce some gains. I'm like you, so I'm just putting together some of the various things others have tried.

I think someone converted to the DIS system to eliminate the distributor, allowing them to use the Camaro/Firebird upper intake which breathes a little better.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 179
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock