injectors resistance by Robert 2
Started on: 06-26-2014 09:56 PM
Replies: 5 (222 views)
Last post by: Robert 2 on 06-27-2014 09:10 AM
Robert 2

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robert 2Send a Private Message to Robert 2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi
How much OHMS should i have on the injectors ? on my fuel rail i have 4 at 12.4 one at 9.6 and the other has 6.8.
When activated they all click .
I bought some used ones ( 6 ) that where supposed to have 5,000 KM but none of them click , but they all have 12.4 OHMS .

I also have fifteen others that are really dirty but all of them clicks and have 16.3 OHMS .
So what should be the real amount of OHMS.
Those are stock injectors for 2.8L GT
I've searched 10 pages on the subject without success .
Thanks .

[This message has been edited by Robert 2 (edited 06-26-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The '86 FSM on page 6E3-A-21, recommends to replace any injector that measures 10 ohms or less.

As for your injectors that aren't clicking, you can try heating them with a hair drier or by being very careful with a heat gun. When they don't click it's usually from a lack of use so the pintle gets stuck with varnish. The heat will soften the varnish and running a high detergent fuel through them should clean them up once operating.
Robert 2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Robert 2Send a Private Message to Robert 2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bloozberry:

The '86 FSM on page 6E3-A-21, recommends to replace any injector that measures 10 ohms or less.

As for your injectors that aren't clicking, you can try heating them with a hair drier or by being very careful with a heat gun. When they don't click it's usually from a lack of use so the pintle gets stuck with varnish. The heat will soften the varnish and running a high detergent fuel through them should clean them up once operating.

Is it the same for an 88 i've searched the whole book twice .
last year i found the page in my 88 FSM. but now i can't find it .
Thanks for the info with the hair dryer .
Found a way to clean them on youtube . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aT4S1lIBAY

[This message has been edited by Robert 2 (edited 06-27-2014).]

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Similar information is on page 6E3-A-15 in the '88 FSM. Follow the troubleshooting tree down this path to find it:

No Blinking Light at Injector Connector ---> Steady Light ---> Check Resistance Across Each Injector (should be greater than 10 ohms) ---> Not OK ---> Replace Injectors Under 10 Ohms.
Robert 2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Robert 2Send a Private Message to Robert 2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you.
What kind of light?
I just woke up , noid light you mean .
Sorry

[This message has been edited by Robert 2 (edited 06-27-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave