seat electrical connector by Rsvl-Rider
Started on: 06-26-2014 09:42 PM
Replies: 10 (345 views)
Last post by: 85 SE VIN 9 on 06-27-2014 07:28 PM
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just picked up these seats and while cleaning them up I found the little connector in the pic under the cover on the driver's seat. (seats have been recovered with Iggee covers according to the mfr label) Don't see one on the pass seat. I know they are FIero seats but not sure what year they came out of.

Could this be speaker connector or maybe for the lumbar controls?

BTW these seats will be for sale. They're in really good shape, just needs some minor clean-up. I can't image what shipping costs might be so probably local pick up might be best?

------------------
My rides...
1988 GT with a 3.4L V6 automatic
2006 Harley Sportster
'cause I love the twisties on two wheels or four.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bloozberry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those are the headrest speaker wire connectors. The lumbar connectors have different coloured wires.
TopNotch

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the driver side seat has the connector, and the other one doesn't, they must be different year seats. 86 and later didn't have seat speakers.
Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't notice before but in the pics I think I can see the outline of the speaker holes in both headrests. Seats came out of an 85 but I couldn't swear they were the originals. Maybe the other connector is still pushed up under the cover or maybe it was just cut off. I'll have to have another look.
TONY_C

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TONY_CSend a Private Message to TONY_CEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not all 84-85 seats had speakers in the headrests. I depended on what radio was ordered.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TONY_C:

Not all 84-85 seats had speakers in the headrests. I depended on what radio was ordered.

Some only had dash speakers?
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post06-27-2014 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Both of the seats in the OP's pic clearly had the holes in the headrest foam for seat speakers. If the wire is only exposed on one side, perhaps it was simply removed on the other side, or was hidden under the new cover.
TONY_C

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TONY_CSend a Private Message to TONY_CEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Some only had dash speakers?

There was an AM only radio and also a radio delete option. Neither of these had rear speakers. I'm pretty sure the radio delete came with no speakers
Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These seats are now listed in the mall...

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/069539.html

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TONY_C:

There was an AM only radio and also a radio delete option. Neither of these had rear speakers. I'm pretty sure the radio delete came with no speakers

I was thinking maybe even on a radio delete car the seats would probably have speakers in them, may or may not have wire connectors, they just wouldnt be hooked up. I would think it would be more trouble for GM to keep a separate line of non speaker seats, than to put the speakers in all of them up til the end of 85. Before switching to pillar rear speakers.
85 SE VIN 9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 SE VIN 9Send a Private Message to 85 SE VIN 9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My seat connectors for speaker equipped seats look thusly:

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock