3800 SC. What do you think? by pcgold
Started on: 06-26-2014 05:49 PM
Replies: 4 (268 views)
Last post by: pcgold on 06-28-2014 03:37 PM
pcgold

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This engine is for sale locally. No, I don't have any idea what condition it is in. I just figure I couldn't really lose at this price (or what I could get it for). I have emailed for more information on the engine. What does he mean by "can be rebuilt"? Who knows

Opinions?

Here is the description of the online ad:

I have a 3.8L from a 98' Grand Prix sitting in my garage taking up space. It can be rebuilt or used for parts. It is mostly complete with flexplate, supercharger, alternator, pulleys, manifolds, oil pan, pulleys, etc.
asking $150.00
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
S-toon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for S-toonSend a Private Message to S-toonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He probly doesn't know the condition of it. He does say that it is just taking up space in his garage. So that's probly why hes selling it so cheap, and put that it can be rebuilt, or be used for parts.
pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More info

It's a 3.8L out of a 98' Grand Prix. Mileage 250,000kilometers. The motor was replaced for a lower mileage one; It has new intake gaskets. cyl. #6 spark plug was gas fouled with a burnt ground electrode. It ran when removed. The supercharger, alternator, flywheel, pulleys, oil pan, etc. are still on it. I have the factory ECM sitting in my garage ( replaced with a ZZP stage 1 ECM
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ALOST ANYTHING can be Rebuilt ! BUT, rebuilding a 3800 is not Cheap like a small block Chevy ! if it's got a burnt electrode, I'd bet it's got ALOT more wrong than that . Someone doesn't change an engine because of bad spark plugs! it may end up just taking up space in YOUR Garage ! I'd figure at least $900-$1100 just in parts, IF you can" Rebuild it YOURSELF". still worth it ?
pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's my thinking too. A paperweight at a cheap price is still too expensive.

I'm in no rush so I'll wait to find a better engine.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock