2006 gto ls2 by jraul
Started on: 06-25-2014 09:24 PM
Replies: 2 (610 views)
Last post by: Archie on 06-26-2014 08:04 AM
jraul

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jraulSend a Private Message to jraulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys I heard someone put a 2006 gto ls2 engine in a fiero so I wanted to know if it is true and if it is how is it done and what is the best transmission to use that would work with the ls2 since you know I can't use the gto stock engine
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post06-25-2014 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, the LS2 can be swapped in. Any LSx engine can be swapped in. There's a kit to swap it in. The most common transmission used with LS3 swaps, is the F40 6 speed from a 2006 G6 GTP.

It's not a simple bolt-in swap though. The kits can be quite expensive, and a fair bit of fabrication is involved to get the engine mounted and running. There's also some work that needs to be done to mount the intake manifold backwards, and connect things up to the Fiero gauges. For the full kits to get an LSx V8 with the F40 into a Fiero, I think the cost is around $6-7000, and depending on how you're getting the transmission and engine, that price can double. A common addition to the transmission is also an LSD and to have the trans cryo treated. That's another $1500-2000. So for $10K that gets you all the parts you need, but they'll just be sitting in your floor.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum.

I do a kit for the LS engines into the Fiero stick shift. I designed this kit about 9 years ago & there are more than 50 LS Fieros that have successfully use this kit.

It will work for the LS1, LS2, LS3, LS376, LS6 & LS7. It will also work with any of the truck variations of the LS based engines.

As a note on the GTO engines. Both the GTO LS1 & LS2 used a front sump oil pan. All other LS engines used a rear sump pan. To use the GTO engine you will need to swap out the oil pan & oil pickup for any of the other LS rear sump pans. We can aid you in finding the right pan when the time comes.

The kit comes with Video instructions that walk you thru the swap step by step.

The LS kit in it'self is set-up to use the Fiero stick shift transmissions. However, we also have a 6 speed kit that will allow you to use the new G6 6 speed transmissions. The 6 speed transmission conversion kit also comes with detailed instructions. I designed this kit about 8 years ago & I have variations of the kit for most popular engine configurations.

You can find more information on both kits by following these instructions....

There are detailed parts lists & prices on my web site but they're a bit hard to find the 1st time.

Let me guide you to them...... Go to this web page http://www.v8archie.com/v8Archie/Prod2.htm

Then just under the pictures in the center you can click on "LS1"

Then right below where you just clicked will be "Kit#1" & "Kit#2"

If you Click on"Kit#1" & "Kit#2" & read each one of them it will explain what is in each kit & what all is required. As you click on each one of these the text in the large black area changes to tell you about the item you’ve selected. You can even print out those pages.

The same methods apply for finding information about our Transmission kits.

I hope this helps.

Archie

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock