Where do I refill trans fluid? by huracan2015
Started on: 06-23-2014 03:05 PM
Replies: 20 (270 views)
Last post by: Formula88 on 06-24-2014 08:34 PM
huracan2015

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for huracan2015Send a Private Message to huracan2015Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's a nice day and I'm changing the oil and trans fluid, just got new gasket on. I feel really stupid, but I cannot figure out where to refill the transmission fluid. Help please?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
huracan2015

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for huracan2015Send a Private Message to huracan2015Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
'87 V6 auto
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In the same tube you check the fluid level. Did you replace the filter?

Fluid should be warm and car in Park when checking the level (to top off).

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 06-23-2014).]

huracan2015

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for huracan2015Send a Private Message to huracan2015Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

In the same tube you check the fluid level. Did you replace the filter?

Fluid should be warm and car in Park when checking the level (to top off).

Yes I did. And your really just supposed to funnel it back in the dipstick pipe?

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by huracan2015:

Yes I did. And your really just supposed to funnel it back in the dipstick pipe?

I havent had an auto Fiero, but alot of GM cars are like that.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And your really just supposed to funnel it back in the dipstick pipe?

Unless you can find another way of doing it...

Yes, that's how it's done.
huracan2015

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for huracan2015Send a Private Message to huracan2015Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alright thank you. That seems easy enough. Next question, which oil filter is better? I am getting 1 of those 2. Please don't recommend others. I'm looking for the performance version, but can't figure it out.

http://shop.advanceautopart...earchTerm=oil+filter

http://shop.advanceautopart...earchTerm=oil+filter
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just get a stock OEM recommended replacement. You dont need a performance filter in a T125 auto. I generally tell anyone to NOT change fluid in an auto EVER unless you do heavy duty trailer towing. DEFINATELY DO NOT FLUSH IT OUT. When you think its got enough, drive it a few miles to work thru all the valves and passages and recheck it. Its checked ONLY on level ground, running and in neutral or park. If your trans starts slipping or shifting erratic, it was due to you changing it . Ive seen (and had) autos go out completely after an fluid change, within weeks.
huracan2015

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for huracan2015Send a Private Message to huracan2015Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I should already not be driving this car, it slips already with too much gas, and easing on the throttle, it doesnt shift untiul redline. But, hey, I'm driving this thing till its shot completely. been 3 months like this and it's my dd
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
n/m - my answer was for Getrag...

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 06-23-2014).]

huracan2015

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for huracan2015Send a Private Message to huracan2015Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put a normal filter on it, put the fluid in the check pipe, all good. Thanks guys
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I should already not be driving this car, it slips already with too much gas, and easing on the throttle, it doesnt shift untiul redline. But, hey, I'm driving this thing till its shot completely. been 3 months like this and it's my dd

What a testimony to General Motors! I thought that trans was done a month Three Months ago.

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 06-23-2014).]

Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check the website for auto-rx , there are quite a few testimonials on there about it helping people with slipping auto trannys. I am not connected to the company in any way, just passing on info.
huracan2015

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for huracan2015Send a Private Message to huracan2015Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

What a testimony to General Motors! I thought that trans was done a month Three Months ago.

I know! People say GM is crap, but some are really good! Every day my car runs is a surprise to me. The TC locked up one day and started smoking, wouldn't get out of 1st gear, but let it sit for 24 hours and BOOM back to normal!
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

Hurican, he was being sarcastic. Bub, you just keep at it. You will learn. Like I said, you have come a long way in short period of time. And I said before. Get a factory service manual. Or download it from fieronews if you can.

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jason88Notchie

1702 posts
Member since Oct 2009
And keep asking away at the forum as well. We are here for ya! But also try to figure it out on your own. When you solve a problem you would be surprised how much confidence that can give you.
huracan2015

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for huracan2015Send a Private Message to huracan2015Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jason88Notchie:

Hurican, he was being sarcastic. Bub, you just keep at it. You will learn. Like I said, you have come a long way in short period of time. And I said before. Get a factory service manual. Or download it from fieronews if you can.

Its funny though since it goes against peoples opinions of GM. You can understand why I thought he was serious, right?
huracan2015

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for huracan2015Send a Private Message to huracan2015Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

huracan2015

304 posts
Member since Apr 2014

Originally posted by Jason88Notchie:

And keep asking away at the forum as well. We are here for ya! But also try to figure it out on your own. When you solve a problem you would be surprised how much confidence that can give you.

Alright thanks! I just want to make sure I do everything right. Even if I know, I ask to confirm
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thats what I do to auto trans too. Dont touch it till it dies, then get a rebuild. Ive driven autos for years with bad transmissions before. I had one I drove for 3 years you had to let up on the gas for it to shift all the time.

Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is hit or miss, but I have personally used this stuff with pretty amazing results on various transmission problems. Some shifting, or lag, some leak problems. One was a Pontiac transport van that would not move at all. Replaced fluid and filter, (pan was FULL of band material). Got a few more good months out of it before having to redo tranny. It is not a miracle cure all, but if it does not make some difference for you I would be really surprised!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8pURv8C1Wg

Kevin
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The other option is to drill a fill hole in the transaxle and weld it up when you're done. A funnel is easier.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock