Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  3800 Fuel Pump YES i Searched , Restoring Fuel Tank and Other Question

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
3800 Fuel Pump YES i Searched , Restoring Fuel Tank and Other Question by fierogtx
Started on: 06-22-2014 09:21 PM
Replies: 6 (468 views)
Last post by: fierogtx on 06-26-2014 12:17 AM
fierogtx

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtxSend a Private Message to fierogtxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi im rebuilding my front end and other parts like fuel tank and im building a 3800 modded engine so here are my question and yes i searched so here are my technical question
1. does it have a fuel pump plug and play without modification to the fuel sending unit for 400-450 hp range i only find plug and play fuel pump for up to 300 hp ( i dont want to modify the fuel tank sending unit because if i want to put the 2.8 in a couple years i will just have to put a new oem pump )

2. if it is just converting wires from the pump connector i will not have a problem to repin the wire . walbro FT200000169 ?????? one said the http://www.highflowfuel.com...fiero-1985-1988.html but want to make sure one try it and can support 400-450 hp range i saw an article about all listed the 255 lph at different pressure and want a professionnal answer with technical info to make sure ( how to make sure it is not a chinese model or junk like that ) ????

3.. if i dont have time to finish my 3800 this summer can i run these type of pump for the 2.8 ?????? ( will i have too more return pressure volume on the return line ???? ) strange question maybe dump but just to make sure

3. about the pulsator does it will fit on these type of pump ???? does the more fuel will break it or i will have problem with it ???? i prefer to keep it because if gm made it it was for a reason

4. i searched about cleaning the inside of the tank and saw multiple thread about cleaning inside of the tank with acid ...... ( i will send at a rad shop if you recommend to clean it )
so i remove the sending unit and i looked on the hole where the sending unit are and it have no rust clean inside tank no baffle broke nothing like new . do you think i will need to clean it or keep it like that because im the type of guy who love make all the things myself because im perfectionnalism and always know that sometime shop will dont take care of your car like all we did . i dont want to have hole in a couple years and really hate rust and thats why i asked these question

5. i remove the fuel sendind unit and i was impressed that there was no rust like new condition so do you think i need to change it for a new on fiero store to not have to drop the tank in a few years or you will keeping it like that ???????

6. what did you do to restore the outside of the tank ???? sanding 180 220 ???? wire brush ?????? what type of primer ???? type of paint ?????

thanks all for your help

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Justinbart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Take a breath.

Leave it be if you're running the 2.8. If you going to highly modify the the 3800 then get a DW300. You might have to modify it slightly but nothing that won't accept the stock pump later. If it comes down to that then worry about it then. One step at a time. Don't be afraid to jump in, you can always adapt to a different situation down the road.

If the tank is clean leave it be. Nobody is going to give a **** about how good or bad it looks. All that matters is if it's functional.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
10.91@133.1

fierogtx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtxSend a Private Message to fierogtxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
woodyhere

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for woodyhereSend a Private Message to woodyhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wouldn't sand the outside of the tank. Use a scotchbrite to remove the loose stuff and paint the tank with your favorite rust preventative paint. It will protect the areas of the tank that the plating has oxidized. It will look just like new. Leave the clean inside just as it is. Put tape over the holes while it is out of the car to keep dirt from getting into the clean tank.

------------------
woodys 427

fierogtx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtxSend a Private Message to fierogtxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by woodyhere:

I wouldn't sand the outside of the tank. Use a scotchbrite to remove the loose stuff and paint the tank with your favorite rust preventative paint. It will protect the areas of the tank that the plating has oxidized. It will look just like new. Leave the clean inside just as it is. Put tape over the holes while it is out of the car to keep dirt from getting into the clean tank.

for sure i put a tape on all the holes im just looking for my pump i need to order
fierogtx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtxSend a Private Message to fierogtxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierogtx

971 posts
Member since Sep 2011
bump
fierogtx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtxSend a Private Message to fierogtxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock