Ignition Switchblade Key by Billy2M4
Started on: 06-19-2014 09:12 PM
Replies: 3 (199 views)
Last post by: Billy2M4 on 06-20-2014 09:44 PM
Billy2M4

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2014 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Billy2M4Send a Private Message to Billy2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought a Fiero yesterday, and I would like to get a switchblade style key for th ignition. I talked to a locksmith, and he said there should be some blank's online with no buttons, that have the grooves and correct length, just need the teeth cut. If anyone knows more about this could you let me know? Otherwise I will just cut the blade off a copy and put it in the switchblade body.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2014 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the Forum! I've got no help for you though.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2014 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know if that will work, as you don't turn the ignition by the key, you turn it by the entire ignition (tabs). You might end up breaking the key off in the ignition. Also, the case of the switchblade may make it hard to turn the ignition (by the tabs).

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 06-20-2014).]

Billy2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2014 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Billy2M4Send a Private Message to Billy2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well if the switchblade key has a sideways housing like the one in the pic, it will fit right between the tabs and actually use the housing as well to turn the tabs.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock