I'M LOCKED OUT OF MY CAR!!! by huracan2015
Started on: 06-17-2014 09:36 PM
Replies: 23 (533 views)
Last post by: 84fiero123 on 06-19-2014 09:02 AM
huracan2015

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2014 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for huracan2015Send a Private Message to huracan2015Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there ANY way to get in my car??? The keys are stuck in the trunk!!!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2014 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Locksmith....

...also tow truck drivers use a "slim-jim" to lift the lock.

[This message has been edited by Neils88 (edited 06-17-2014).]

huracan2015

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2014 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for huracan2015Send a Private Message to huracan2015Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Neils88:

Locksmith....

...also tow truck drivers use a "slim-jim" to lift the lock.

Oh well. Hoped there would be a secret latch or something lol. I'll go to my grandpas house 45 mins away to get my spare keys tomorrow
GodSend

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2014 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GodSendSend a Private Message to GodSendEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got a sunroof? Bang on the glass right near the latch. It should shake free after a few swift hits. After that you can reach in,undo the latch, remove the glass, climb in, hit the power trunk release if you have one.

huracan2015

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2014 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for huracan2015Send a Private Message to huracan2015Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GodSend:

Got a sunroof? Bang on the glass right near the latch. It should shake free after a few swift hits. After that you can reach in,undo the latch, remove the glass, climb in, hit the power trunk release if you have one.

No sunroof
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Antenna is a solid shaft type and perfect for getting into these. unscrew it and get a screwdriver and very carefully pry the window out just enough to get the wire in, now if you have working electric door locks just try to push on the open button. if not pull the lock button up with the wire. you are going to have to make a couple of bends in the wire of course but its not all that hard to do or impossible.

For future reference a spare boor key hidden someplace on the outside will save you a lot of trouble, also hide a spare ignition key under the hood as well, that way if you didn't lock your keys in the car and just lost them you have a key on the outside to get into the passenger compartment but not one for the ignition, that way if someone does find your spare door key they haven't got the ignition key and you only know where you hid the ignition key.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

huracan2015

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for huracan2015Send a Private Message to huracan2015Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the future tips! My window is too tight though, I tried to pry it but woudnt even budge. Then this morning I realized that I took the battery out so the only way to get in is with the keys
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
see if your dealer can cut you a new door key. They used to be able to do this if you could prove ownership.

You should be able to pull back door glass enough to get something in there.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

see if your dealer can cut you a new door key. They used to be able to do this if you could prove ownership.

You should be able to pull back door glass enough to get something in there.

Ditto, never met a car I could not get into, but then I do have a rather colorful past as my wife likes to call it.

edit to add I see you are also in Farmington, but in another state, to bad I could have helped if it was Farmington, ME.

Steve

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 06-18-2014).]

Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Happened to me a few months ago and I used a small carpenters square to go between the glass and the dew wipes and pop the door open. My car has tight dew wipes too.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please don't post recommended methods to break into our cars on the internet. If you have some tips, please send them via PM.
PFF
System Bot
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I keep spare Fiero door keys on my house key ring, for both Fieros. I can always unlock the doors, even if I'm not carrying the car keys.
huracan2015

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for huracan2015Send a Private Message to huracan2015Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got my spare keys from my grandparents. Anyways, my windows are to tight becasue thats how i adjusted them otherwise they leak when it rains
GodSend

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GodSendSend a Private Message to GodSendEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Please don't post recommended methods to break into our cars on the internet. If you have some tips, please send them via PM.

If someone wants your car its gone. Rock is all you need. Easily found...

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Always been able to pull back a fiero window enough to get my hand on the lock myself.
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seajai:

http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=171015355672

What, you just stick these plastic keys in... and turn?

johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Triple A will provide a locksmith.
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

What, you just stick these plastic keys in... and turn?

Yep. Many years ago when I worked in a key and engraving shop we sold these. You cut them like a regular key. They fit in your wallet like a credit card. I wouldn't use them all the time but they'll work in a pinch.

Jfrost

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JfrostSend a Private Message to JfrostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had this happen to me a few weeks ago. I ended up pulling the windshield back as I had noticed it was loose the night prior by accident. I was able to pull it back just far enough to unlock the doors. I tried the wire method without success. Not saying this will work for anyone, but I thought it was a funny way to unlock the doors in these situations.

------------------
Project L67 Fiero

huracan2015

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for huracan2015Send a Private Message to huracan2015Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In case you guys missed it, my keys were in the trunk. And there was no battery in the car so I couldn't press the trunk button. Opening the doors would have been pointless lol!
PFF
System Bot
bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2014 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you had been able to unlock the door, you may still have been able to unlock the trunk by applying a 12 volt source (battery or battery charger) to the cigarette lighter and then using your trunk popper button to open the lid. This has worked for me several times on cars with dead batteries. I'm not 100% sure it will work with a car having NO battery. Would have been worth a try, if you didn't have that second set of keys available. Glad you got the problem solved.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2014 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bjc 350:

If you had been able to unlock the door, you may still have been able to unlock the trunk by applying a 12 volt source (battery or battery charger) to the cigarette lighter and then using your trunk popper button to open the lid. This has worked for me several times on cars with dead batteries. I'm not 100% sure it will work with a car having NO battery. Would have been worth a try, if you didn't have that second set of keys available. Glad you got the problem solved.

I would bet in a pinch like encountered here by this member a simple 9 volt battery available just about anywhere would work for one opening of the trunk. a couple of peace's of wire to the fuse for the trunk popper and there you go into the trunk.

sorry I missed the part that you said in your original post that your keys were in the trunk or would have mentioned that. hey its worth a try, I have never had to do it myself but have heard that the smallest battery's still have enough juice to pop a trunk.

Someone want to try it that has a popper laying around ?

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2014 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

84fiero123

29950 posts
Member since Oct 2004

Originally posted by Formula88:

Do you really think the people who brake into cars need tips on how to do it? Come on, if it ain't your car and you don't care about doing any damage all they need is a rock as someone else already said.

Steve

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock