need help with NEW plug wires by Lou6t4gto
Started on: 06-16-2014 06:29 PM
Replies: 4 (175 views)
Last post by: Lou6t4gto on 06-18-2014 02:23 PM
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2014 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bought a new set of spark plug wires for my wife's 1993 LT1 Formula (Autolite professionals). Checking the OLD wires coming off, they are giving a Reading of 10 per foot (with ohm meter). The new plug WIRES will not give ANY READING at all ! won't even make the gauge flicker !
Is there something "Peculiar" about this brand wires ? Shouldn't they give SOME reading ?? every wire in the box, no reading at all, like the 2 ends aren't even connected. (This is an LT1,in a 4th gen firebird w/ headers) I sure don't want to do this twice ! (Had to remove the Alt, AC compressor, Power steering pump and starter,( And even with all these out, it's a ***** ) Thanks for any pointers.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
85 SE VIN 9

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2014 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 SE VIN 9Send a Private Message to 85 SE VIN 9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is that a coil on plug setup? Entirely different ballgame as I understand it.
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, that's an LS1. found the problem IS the multi meter BRAND. it will test all other wires, just not the autolites ! I took the wire to the store and tried 4 different new meters (all the same as what I already had) they all "Read" NOTHING. drove to a garage and asked them to use their meter, said it was good ! went back to the store and bought a diferent/better multi meter. Oh well !
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't think there should be a reading on resistance on brand new wires, never actually tested new wires but that is a resistance test you are doing and on a new set of wires there should be little to no resistance.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 06-18-2014).]

Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Shouldn't be" sounds about right on New, But.... there IS

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock