Water getting into cab by 4thfiero
Started on: 06-16-2014 04:38 PM
Replies: 6 (115 views)
Last post by: 84fiero123 on 06-18-2014 09:09 AM
4thfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2014 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4thfieroSend a Private Message to 4thfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, when it rains, i have water leaking into m car and getting my drivers seat wet. It seems to be coming from under my driver side pillar above my window...my window is closed all the way. Does anyone have a clue where this leak is? Is this a common issue? im replacing my headliner and dont want the new one to get ruined...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post06-16-2014 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is your car a sunroof, t-top, or hard top?
4thfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2014 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4thfieroSend a Private Message to 4thfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sunroof
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post06-16-2014 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 4thfiero:

sunroof

Probably where it's coming from then. Check the gasket, and pull it back to check if any of the steel has rusted through. The drains can get clogged, water can accumulate, rust out the metal, and some heavy leaking into the interior can happen. If the door glass is misaligned or loose, or the gasket around the door is worn or bad, water can leak in around the glass as well, but tends to happen more under pressure than from rain.
4thfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2014 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4thfieroSend a Private Message to 4thfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okayl ill check that, thanks!

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have seen sunroof gaskets that are very dirty and have tree debris and such caked around the seal. It cannot keep water out for that reason too, clean it real good. If you ever park indoors you can leave the sunroof open to let the seal puff back out.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

I have seen sunroof gaskets that are very dirty and have tree debris and such caked around the seal. It cannot keep water out for that reason too, clean it real good. If you ever park indoors you can leave the sunroof open to let the seal puff back out.

Ditto, clean it up, the gasket and grab a peace of paper from you printer, open the sunroof and slip the peace of paper all the way around, latch the sunroof down and try and pull the paper out. If it stays put and you can't pull it out or it is really hard to pull out start all over and do it again in the next spot. if it stays put all the way around the roof has a good seal. if its loose you may need to take the tabs off the front of the sunroof and bend them, take them off before bending them, or you risk the possibility of braking the glass.

if it is tight all the way around you should be good. but then have a helper with a garden hose run water all over the roof while you are inside to make sure its not something else.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock