Started on: 06-15-2014 07:40 PM
Replies: 13 (460 views)
Last post by: Gokart on 07-10-2014 03:53 AM
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2014 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi members! This will most likely get bumped back up a few times over the next few weeks and I'll really appreciate any help I get! I'm having a panel off paint job done and while I had all of the panels off I went over the entire frame with 3 coats of Rust-o-leum. 1 coat ruddy brown, then a coat of flat black toped with a coat of gloss black.
I took many pictures and then had them printed so as I get the panels back I'll remember how everything went back! Of course there's going to be a few parts where I said to myself "ah, don't bother...I'll remember how it went back"! WRONG My first part are these 2 front bumper stops. Anyone have a pic of where they go back on
Thanks, Marc

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Robertzep2

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2014 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robertzep2Send a Private Message to Robertzep2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All GM vehicles that did not have steel bumpers had these tow blocks in some form placed at the same universal dimensions as a Fiero. These Pads helped support the front end when the car was being picked up/transported by the old-fashioned style tow-trucks

I take them off my personal cars. The picture shows where they attached. They also show up in the 22P parts book.
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2014 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the the reply. Maybe I'll just leave them off then.
You jarred my memory that I have a 22p somewhere in my shed. I should dig it out and save myself allot of questions with this thread!
Marc
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2014 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I should've taken more pics Did I install the license plate bulb holders back right?
Thanks for any reply!
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2014 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Gokart

4635 posts
Member since May 99
New one: Is this the way this piece of plastic gets attached to the back?

If it's right then what are the holes on the bottom for?
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2014 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Gokart

4635 posts
Member since May 99
I think it fits better like this?!

Still don't know what the bottom holes are for?

Edit: I just looked at the back facia and I think it attaches to this?

[This message has been edited by Gokart (edited 07-04-2014).]

mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2014 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i think that is a piece for the rear goes as an attchment point for the rear bumper need better pic.
Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2014 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tag lights look good. The plastic piece is where the bottom of the bumper mounts. Just test fit the bumper to determine proper orientation.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2014 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks gents! Likely have a few more questions over the weekend while I get her back together
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2014 03:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know where this goes but not really sure it's purpose and if it's worth putting back on.

It attached to the bottom on the front fascia sliding along the inside edge. Not sure if it attaches to anything else and if I need it because my bottom lip is different now with my sage chin spoiler. Maybe for support to keep the nose from warping? I went through the trouble of refurbishing but I don't see a reason to put it back on unless someone advises me too.
Thanks, Marc

[This message has been edited by Gokart (edited 07-09-2014).]

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2014 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it a GT nose? If so, have you cut away the nose behind the spoiler? If you haven't cut it, you'll need the brace to support the rear of the nose. It gets two brackets that mount up to the frame to support it. If it's a GT nose with a chin spoiler, you might want to cut out the grille opening for more air. If it's a Formula/coupe nose, you'll need to still use the brace(s) & the original spoiler to scoop the air up into the radiator.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
PFF
System Bot
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2014 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tha Driver:

Is it a GT nose? If so, have you cut away the nose behind the spoiler? If you haven't cut it, you'll need the brace to support the rear of the nose. It gets two brackets that mount up to the frame to support it. If it's a GT nose with a chin spoiler, you might want to cut out the grille opening for more air. If it's a Formula/coupe nose, you'll need to still use the brace(s) & the original spoiler to scoop the air up into the radiator.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

Hi Paul. I didn't have to cut the nose at all. My chin spoiler fit right over the bottom of my original nose. I have the 2 side brackets attached and it's all extremely rigged. I remember now this attached to the bottom of the nose before I attached the spoiler but now that it's covered this part has no where to go. Unless I force it on the bottom of the spoiler but I don't see how that would help with anything?!
Thanks for chiming in, Marc
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2014 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does the fiberglass spoiler go all the way back to the brackets? If so then you probably don't need the brace pictured.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 03:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tha Driver:

Does the fiberglass spoiler go all the way back to the brackets? If so then you probably don't need the brace pictured.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

Yes it does. Thanks Paul. I'll bring it to the next swap meet. I'm sure someone's is rusted beyond repair and could use it!
Marc

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock