About fierostore vent rotor brake front kit by fierogtx
Started on: 06-15-2014 09:32 AM
Replies: 6 (485 views)
Last post by: fierogtx on 06-16-2014 05:19 PM
fierogtx

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2014 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtxSend a Private Message to fierogtxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hi i did some research and i not find all of answer im asking about that and just to make sure i have some question about it
1.does it comes from grand-am brakes ??????
2.does the offset of the wheel will change with this brake ????
3.does anyone do this brake upgrade for less ( because im canadian the cost of shipping will be expensive and will need to pay the core charge and ship my old brake will be more expensive then the core charge )
4.does the big bore master cylinder will help with this kit
5.can i just do front conversion with keeping the rear stock or the rear will wear faster or less or i will not have same braking balancing (dont want to do rear because want keeping my parking brake and dont want to modify it )
6.and on the fiero store they said about the caliper that you need the bleeder pointing upward so the right calipers will be on the driver side and left will be on pass side so does it will have the banjo hole ( for the rubber brake line ) in the same place like stock ???? i will use rubber brake hose like stock and want to moun like oem without modify it to mount it . does it will mount like oem for the brake rubber hose too ????
thanks all for your help and time greatly appreciated

[This message has been edited by fierogtx (edited 06-15-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2014 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes, that is the `grandam` or beretta or whatever car you choose to call it brake upgrade, you can do that job 100% yourself (just need to have your fiero rotors hubs cut off, and alittle massaging to the calipers), do a search here, you will find all the info you need, the master cyl upgrade is not needed, and you can lleave the rears stock.

edit: I think you can buy just the hubs from the fiero store(be cheaper shipping then the whole package), or check in the mall I think someone was offering them not long ago.

[This message has been edited by hookdonspeed (edited 06-15-2014).]

theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2014 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Originally posted by fierogtx:

hi i did some research and i not find all of answer im asking about that and just to make sure i have some question about it

Yes. TFS just does GA front and Bigger MC.

It moves the wheel ~1/2" (each) outward. The thickness added by add any rotor to remaining Fiero "Hub." You can change offset according to fix that or not. Most don't.

3.does anyone do this brake upgrade for less ( because im canadian the cost of shipping will be expensive and will need to pay the core charge and ship my old brake will be more expensive then the core charge )
Follow same directions as TFS and everyone else.
If turning hubs, GA flange dimension here. www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives...130314-2-119307.html

5.can i just do front conversion with keeping the rear stock or the rear will wear faster or less or i will not have same braking balancing (dont want to do rear because want keeping my parking brake and dont want to modify it )

Big MC solve some issues but creates others.
Mix of GA front w/ OE rear have issues too.
See my Cave, Brake Upgrade

6.and on the fiero store they said about the caliper that you need the bleeder pointing upward so the right calipers will be on the driver side and left will be on pass side so does it will have the banjo hole ( for the rubber brake line ) in the same place like stock ???? i will use rubber brake hose like stock and want to moun like oem without modify it to mount it . does it will mount like oem for the brake rubber hose too ????
No. Do not change hoses locations. Right hose = Right on car.
Do change hoses...
See my Cave, Brake Service brake hoses.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

fierogtx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2014 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtxSend a Private Message to fierogtxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

Originally posted by fierogtx:

Yes. TFS just does GA front and Bigger MC.

It moves the wheel ~1/2" (each) outward. The thickness added by add any rotor to remaining Fiero "Hub." You can change offset according to fix that or not. Most don't.

Follow same directions as TFS and everyone else.
If turning hubs, GA flange dimension here. www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives...130314-2-119307.html

Big MC solve some issues but creates others.
Mix of GA front w/ OE rear have issues too.
See my Cave, Brake Upgrade

No. Do not change hoses locations. Right hose = Right on car.
Do change hoses...
See my Cave, Brake Service brake hoses.

thanks for your help i read the two link it take me 1h30 to read it very good article was easy to understand and think that i will keep the stock brake for now thanks a lot
fierogtx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2014 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtxSend a Private Message to fierogtxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierogtx

971 posts
Member since Sep 2011

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:

yes, that is the `grandam` or beretta or whatever car you choose to call it brake upgrade, you can do that job 100% yourself (just need to have your fiero rotors hubs cut off, and alittle massaging to the calipers), do a search here, you will find all the info you need, the master cyl upgrade is not needed, and you can lleave the rears stock.

edit: I think you can buy just the hubs from the fiero store(be cheaper shipping then the whole package), or check in the mall I think someone was offering them not long ago.

thanks for your help but for now i think i will stay with stock brake for now too complicated and have many other priority on my fiero to put money thanks again
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2014 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stock brakes work better with good pads, like Wagner ThermoQuiet Ceramic pads.
fierogtx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2014 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtxSend a Private Message to fierogtxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

Stock brakes work better with good pads, like Wagner ThermoQuiet Ceramic pads.

will try to find that in canada hope the parts store in my city have it thanks again for your help

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock