87 rear calipers by fierobug
Started on: 06-13-2014 08:31 AM
Replies: 5 (141 views)
Last post by: Kevin87FieroGT on 06-14-2014 08:38 AM
fierobug

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2014 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobugSend a Private Message to fierobugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any advice on rear caliper rebuilts for 87gt. Brand most likely not to have problems. I see rockauto most favorite is A1 cardone. Any help greatly appreciated.

------------------
FIEROBUG!!!!!!!!!!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2014 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have quite a bit of Cardone parts, they all seem decent to me. All my calipers, brake booster.. Etc. got mine at o Reilly auto. Just keep in mind when you get one off the shelf, that some people buy the calipers take parts off them and return them. I went to three different stores to find ones that had the entire ebrake assembly on them. Rock auto wold be fine.

------------------

fierobug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2014 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobugSend a Private Message to fierobugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Custom2M4. Will keep that in mind. Have to get them replaced - too much corrosion.

------------------
FIEROBUG!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin87FieroGT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2014 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cardones are good replacements. However if looking to replace your OEM calipers with matching remans it will take some effort. We went through 6 different sets of rears to match the the stock caliper casings. The replacement Cardones do work very well though and I would not have a problem doing it again. Glad the guys at the local O'Rielly's worked with us to get the OEM style right. I'm sure the other Cardones we looked at would have been OK, just would not have looked stock on close inspection.

[This message has been edited by Kevin87FieroGT (edited 06-13-2014).]

fierobug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2014 06:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobugSend a Private Message to fierobugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Kevin87FieroGT. I did not know there were different looking remans.
Kevin87FieroGT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2014 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Difference really only the aluminum casted part. Internals were all the same using the Cardone part numbers for the 84-87 Fiero. Been using the Cardones for four years now, no issues. Rock Auto has good pricing, just hard to return for warranty if you should have problems, that's why we used O'Rielly's.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock