85 GT A/C recharge by Csjag
Started on: 06-12-2014 12:02 PM
Replies: 2 (104 views)
Last post by: Csjag on 06-12-2014 03:56 PM
Csjag

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an 85 GT with A/C, the compressor comes on but it doesn't cool. I was talking to someone in a parts store and he said on his 80's GM pickup he only put on the retrofit kit from walmart and charged with the R134 kit and it works fine he said he sometimes has to add 134 maybe once a year. My system is still closed. Has anyone done this successfully to a Fiero? Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
2kewlgypsy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2kewlgypsySend a Private Message to 2kewlgypsyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did this in March, and so far, holding well. Got the kit from O'Rielly Auto Parts - and put it in. Wasn't really expecting much, as my compressor wasn't turning at all. But $50 and crossed fingers it worked!
Kit had thee cans of 134 + oil in it. First can dumped all the way in and the compressor started to turn, system took all three cans and was right at the right pressure for the temperature outside. (The gauge has a range that you set according to the air temp)
Blows real cold, I am way happy.

------------------
Dave Zane
Justin, TX
86 2m6 https://images.fiero.nl/2012/photo_(6)_4.JPG

Csjag

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Dave, I think I will try it

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock