Stock wheel fitment by 4thfiero
Started on: 06-10-2014 03:30 PM
Replies: 11 (564 views)
Last post by: Lou6t4gto on 06-17-2014 04:14 PM
4thfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4thfieroSend a Private Message to 4thfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, looking to get custom Watanabe rims for my Fiero. They need to know the stock fitment for rims on this car. I currently have aftermarket 16'' rims on it. Im looking to put 16'' deep dish watanabe's. They asked for the fitment specs of an 88 Fiero. I can't seem to find that info anywhere. Can anyone tell me everything I might need for a custom rim setup? To make sure what they build me fits? Blow is a link ot there site...

http://www.watanabe.com.au/page1.html
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Punch in the 88 Fiero on any tire website, and they will tell you 15" wheels, 6" wide on the front and 7" wide on the rear. 5 by 100 mm lug pattern. Is that your question?
4thfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4thfieroSend a Private Message to 4thfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think that's most of it, but they were looking for wheel offset in mm???
4thfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4thfieroSend a Private Message to 4thfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

4thfiero

815 posts
Member since Oct 2012
And also can u extrapolate a maximum tire fitment off those stats? I would prefer to have the biggest 16 inch rims possible. Not 15
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The front offset is 37 mm and the rear offset is 30 mm for '88 cars.

You cannot easily extrapolate the widest possible wheel and tire combination from these numbers because in the rear there is more than one component that can cause interference, namely: the lower spring perch on the strut and the trailing arm in static conditions, as well as the lower lateral links and wheel well liner in jounce.

In the front there are even more variables because of the additional need to consider steering angles. The wheel and or tire can rub against the lower control arm, steering tie rod and wheel well liner depending on the particular conditions of the suspension at any given moment.

The best way to find the widest combo you can use in a 16" diameter is to search out the multitude of threads already posted on this subject here on the forum. Many have already been through this dilemma through trial and error.
FieroBobo

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBoboSend a Private Message to FieroBoboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With regards to what 16" wheels & tires will fit on an 88 Fiero I can share the following info.

. .My 88 GT is running 16x7" +48 offset wheels on all 4 corners. (BBS RG-F)
. .I running 225/50-16 tires on the front, and 245/50-16 tires on the rear.

I have had no problems with rubbing the tires anywhere.

I hope this info proves helpful.
~ Bob ~

------------------
"Its nice to be important.
Its more important to be nice."

4thfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4thfieroSend a Private Message to 4thfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks everyone!! that really helps!!
4thfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4thfieroSend a Private Message to 4thfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

4thfiero

815 posts
Member since Oct 2012
Guy sent me this reply from Watanabe...

Considering the +45mm offset needed to keep 8-inch wheels inside the fenders, I don't think you can fit any of our deep dish wheels without adding flares.
Our 8-inch deep dish wheels have a 0 offset, so they would sit 45mm too far out to fit inside your fenders.
If you are willing to do body modifications let us know.
Thanks
4thfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2014 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4thfieroSend a Private Message to 4thfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
But even if i added fender flares...would an offset like that destroy my wheel bearings??
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2014 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would think so.
4thfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2014 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4thfieroSend a Private Message to 4thfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's not good, so according to what I see if i get these 16x8 watanabe rims with +0 offset, onto my 88 fiero...with stock offset, 37 in front and 30 in rear, that 3 cm difference will destroy my wheel bearings? Doesnt seem like a lot to me but i dont know much about offset.
PFF
System Bot
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2014 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't believe you can put DEEP set wheels On a Fiero because they are deep set, they will stick out. I'd love to put deep set wheels on if someone can figure HOW.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock