15 vs 17 lbs/hr by nathnn99
Started on: 06-04-2014 10:35 PM
Replies: 3 (180 views)
Last post by: carbon on 06-05-2014 12:35 PM
nathnn99

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2014 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nathnn99Send a Private Message to nathnn99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am going to get a new set of injectors. I understand cleaning vs new and have decided for new. For the 2.8, stock has 15 lb/hr injectors, but I see 17 lb/hr injectors also available. My motor is stock. What will 17 lbs per hour do for performance and what will it do for fuel economy. If there is now difference, I want stock. If they will help or hurt either economy or performance I would like to know. Thanks in advance for your help, and your insights are appreciated.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2014 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stay with the stock injectors. Have them cleaned and flow matched and you will be very pleased. Injector size is determined by HP generated at the crankshaft and the number of cylinders of the engine. The Fiero 6 cylinder generating 140 crank hp with a stock fuel pressure of 43.5 psi requires 15# injectors. The 17# injectors will not improve performance, will decrease fuel economy, and will likely cause a rich burn condition. The stock Fiero ECM generally doesn't like aftermarket injectors if they aren't pintle style and will often cause a rich burn condition.

Look at this injector size calculator. Plug in 140 hp and 6 cylinders to see what you get. Flow ratings are rounded up to the next even pound.
http://www.fuelinjectorconn...size_calculator.html

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 06-04-2014).]

nathnn99

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2014 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nathnn99Send a Private Message to nathnn99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That was information that I was hoping to find! Thank you!
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2014 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup... 17lb injectors are used in the 3.4L and since everything else is the same, other than the bore x stroke, sometimes the parts get listed erroneously.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock