Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  3.8 sc 88 gt 5spd popping noise on hard deacceleration?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
3.8 sc 88 gt 5spd popping noise on hard deacceleration? by tomsablon
Started on: 06-01-2014 06:17 PM
Replies: 3 (83 views)
Last post by: tomsablon on 06-01-2014 08:40 PM
tomsablon

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2014 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tomsablonSend a Private Message to tomsablonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
as the subject says. sounds like it's coming from the rear. any ideas? I'm going out to back it up on ramps at this moment and look around. i'll check back in 10 min. thanks in advance.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Playindirty1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2014 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Playindirty1Send a Private Message to Playindirty1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe afterfiring. Does your engine run rich?
tomsablon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2014 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tomsablonSend a Private Message to tomsablonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
not that I know of. it's just one pop. it never did it before. I'm tightening everything I can get a wrench on presently. was able to get the bolts for my west coast fiero motor / trans mounts a bit tighter. I don't want to loose any daylight so I'm going to tighten stuff and take it for a drive(thash) again and see whats what. also I did notice that some gasket material was hanging out of the manifold flange where it bolts to the exhaust . maybe it's just one pop out of there that I hear. thanks.
tomsablon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2014 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tomsablonSend a Private Message to tomsablonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tomsablon

411 posts
Member since Feb 2009
think I got . took it out for drive. heavy acceleration / de and no popping. I am going to do something about some sort of gasket between those flange connections. the guy who did my exhaust used a flat flange on the exhaust side. I think maybe I need some graphite gasket material and cut to fit. thanks.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock