Automatic Door Locks by Mikester
Started on: 05-30-2014 11:36 AM
Replies: 4 (114 views)
Last post by: Mikester on 05-30-2014 06:17 PM
Mikester

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MikesterClick Here to Email MikesterSend a Private Message to MikesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was hoping that someone could explain to me why my 1988 GT door locks lock automatically after the keys are out of the ignition for about 2 minutes. The only way to turn off the flashing light on the dash, and unlock the doors is with the key remote. Is this a setting that can be turned off? I am the original owner of this car, and I had an alarm system installed at the dealership when I bought it. Can this be an issue with the alarm system that was installed as after market? I disconnected the battery, and that didn't fix the problem.

Any help with this would be appreciated.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TbirdMarc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TbirdMarcClick Here to visit TbirdMarc's HomePageClick Here to Email TbirdMarcSend a Private Message to TbirdMarcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is not a stock Fiero action and is a setting on your aftermarket unit. Try and find the sticker on the unit and google the model number and you may find an instruction sheet to turn off auto locking feature.
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 142
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageClick Here to Email Mickey_MooseSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes - it would be a function of the alarm and you should be able to disable it if you can get into the alarms settings.

Once you have the make/model of the alarm you should be able to get the programming info from the people that made the alarm (unless you already have it) and go from there.
msrservices

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msrservicesClick Here to visit msrservices's HomePageSend a Private Message to msrservicesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sometimes there is a Valet switch to disable the alarm. Can you find any switches under the dash?
Mikester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MikesterClick Here to Email MikesterSend a Private Message to MikesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for all the response's
I do have a valet switch on the side of the dash panel, and I have switched it from on to off several times. It doesn't seem to be working. I'll check to see where the alarm box is, and get the make and model.
Thanks again for the help!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock