Started on: 05-29-2014 01:13 PM
Replies: 3 (362 views)
Last post by: Boostdreamer on 05-29-2014 09:01 PM
uhlanstan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post05-29-2014 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have written to Borla again to get the best muffler, single inlet,dual outlet,if anyone has adapted a borla to the Fiero,with good results please let us know

If some one has one of the original Borla systems on thier car ,maybe you could look it over ,& then look over the current Borla products to get a possible match,or near match
the Dyno Max system is best for a single outlet,because it has the large mass needed ,& fits in the original muffler position, this is important for many Fiero owners that have few modifications & want more performance & better MPG
I have the truelo headers with Dyno max muffler & it is a good torque combination.
thier are fewer options as our cars get older & there are fewer of them

www.borla.com
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The big problem is finding a crossflow muffler similar with a 13" case like the stock one.

Found a new one we hadn't seen before - 4" x 9.75" Oval - 13" Body x 18.5" Overall
http://www.fullboarperforma...e%2C-Power%2C/Detail

Don't know if anyone's put one on a Fiero yet - but it would be the same one on this Chrysler.

Full Boar Crossflow muffler - Chrysler 300M w/ V6 engine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t9SuY0X1Mc

Other sound bites http://www.youtube.com/chan...rvc1W_nHRcyPA3DOa7Mw

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 05-29-2014).]

uhlanstan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post05-29-2014 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks! a green for you in case you ever take on any OT controversy

..remember with the muffler shoot outs I published years ago,, the best fiero V6 & Buick V6 performance is at a much lower RPM than the V 8,s tested ,,Borla seems to be the muffler that makes the best power with a Fiero V6 when you use the dual exhaust going into the GT style twin tips
the Dyno max turbo muffler produces the same power as a straight pipe ,, the stock exhaust manifolds need to be ported or install headers such as Truelo to get the best from a performance muffler ..
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I called Borla a few days ago to see if they would hire me as sort of a welder trainee. Didn't fly. Maybe with more experience I can work there some day.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock