Chevy Venture van 3400 V6 by Csjag
Started on: 05-27-2014 11:40 AM
Replies: 5 (704 views)
Last post by: kikinz24 on 05-28-2014 08:51 AM
Csjag

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2014 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 2004 Venture van with the 3400 V6 motor. The engine is very strong and smooth running. Does anyone know if this engine bolts up to the Fiero manual trannys? I think It would be a good performer in the lighter Fiero and there should be lots of them available because it was the only motor used in the GM minivans from 97 to 2005 or so
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2014 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes it does...
someone's done the minivan swap, I guess the intakes are different and other minor differences between the one in the sedans...
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2014 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the 3400 is a good swap, if you need any help or advice on it, just send me a message, but do a search for 3400 swap, youll find all you need, ecu pinouts are on gmtuners.com (if you use the older obd2 ecu (its more tuneable then the newer ones))
ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2014 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bolts right up, you'll need an 88 fiero flywheel though, any year fiero clutch for your transmission should be fine though.
KaijuSenso

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2014 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KaijuSensoSend a Private Message to KaijuSensoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As stated already, it will just about bolt right in. I'm not specifically sure of all of the differences between that engine and the other ones I've read about being swapped but the basic steps are all the same and if you find something different along the way, there are plenty of people on here who can help you figure it out.
kikinz24

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2014 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kikinz24Send a Private Message to kikinz24Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It bolts right up.. you will need a flywheel unless you have an 88... it must be a neutrally balanced flywheel... ive done it myself.. I have a flywheel and an alternator relocation kit in place of the a/c. From this swap. If youre interested. U can use the factory fiero wiring harness . Change the plug ends on the sensors and add the crank sensor and run a 7730. Its EASY

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock