can you identify this? by LB23
Started on: 05-26-2014 08:51 PM
Replies: 5 (290 views)
Last post by: Csjag on 05-27-2014 07:25 AM
LB23

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2014 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LB23Send a Private Message to LB23Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am currently doing a driveway oil change and when i went to remove the oil filter i got stuck by this braided line that I have no idea what it supposed to run to.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2014 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How long have you had the car. it looks like someone capped off a line that used to go to something, maybe a oil cooler or remote oil filter.
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2014 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
make-shift oil pan vent?

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

LB23

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2014 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LB23Send a Private Message to LB23Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have had the car about a year now but was parked all winter and before that only put about 50 miles on it. If its not a stock part Ill just guess that its something the PO did to hide the massive blowby issue that failed so he capped it off.

Thanks for the reply's guys.
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2014 06:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Turbo oil drain? Not stock, of course.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2014 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like the engine may have a lot of dirty oil buildup. I am not affiliated with this product but I used it on the recommendation of another forum member, go to auto-rx.com and read up about the product. I had leaking rear axle seals and it cured them enough that I was able to replace the motor oil with GM synchromesh fluid and now have no leaks. I am in the process of ordering more to use in the engine to clean the engine, rings, etc. and condition the seals. It is a gentle cleaner and conditioner. I know testimonials can be bogus but I think its worth a try to avoid opening up the engine.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock