Started on: 05-23-2014 11:08 PM
Replies: 7 (156 views)
Last post by: jimbolaya on 05-24-2014 06:36 AM
jimbolaya

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2014 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My sons 86 GT's turn signal does not turn off after a left hand turn. It turns off after a right hand turn, just not left. It's been awhile, but I believe there is some plastic piece in the steering column that the turn signal stalk plugs into, that I will have to replace. Is this correct?

Jim
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2014 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went to Jazzman's old steering column thread and all the pictures are gone.

Jim
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2014 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Click here.

[This message has been edited by rbell2915 (edited 05-23-2014).]

rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2014 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rbell2915

1437 posts
Member since Mar 2013
Oops

[This message has been edited by rbell2915 (edited 05-23-2014).]

aarwigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2014 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aarwiggSend a Private Message to aarwiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My turn signal in my 88 wouldn't shut off after either turn, and I later realized that my brakes lights weren't working unless the lever was in a certain position. I ended up replacing the whole turn signal switch - there was only one connection to plug in under the dash. My switch was broken inside the column, with the metal cam/tang? piece broke off. Once the wheel is off and the lock plate, the only hard part is getting the connector down the column. You may or may not have to take off the brace under the dash. So you'll just need a steering wheel puller, and a lock plate compressor. One hour tops. Hazards = one screw, turn signal switch has three screws I think, so it only will go in one way I believe.
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2014 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a broken cancel spring. Dorman makes them. Available on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Dorma...hicleType=automoti ve GM dealers used to sell them years ago but not sure now. They are part of the turn signal switch and are easy to replace.

[This message has been edited by seajai (edited 05-23-2014).]

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2014 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rbell2915:

Click here.

Thanks, I went to the first page and saw the pictures were removed and didn't bother to look any further in the thread. Thank god Brad reposted them in the same thread. Sweet.

Jim

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2014 06:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jimbolaya

10652 posts
Member since Feb 2007

Originally posted by seajai:

You have a broken cancel spring. Dorman makes them. Available on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Dorma...hicleType=automoti ve GM dealers used to sell them years ago but not sure now. They are part of the turn signal switch and are easy to replace.

Thanks seajai. I believe this is my problem. Dew wipes are great BTW.

Jim

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock