Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Other Mall
  Snap-On toolbox to complete your dream garage (located in NJ)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Snap-On toolbox to complete your dream garage (located in NJ) by Fastfiero1
Started on: 03-24-2016 01:51 PM
Replies: 6 (443 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 07-11-2016 11:05 PM
Fastfiero1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2016 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastfiero1Send a Private Message to Fastfiero1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey all, just thought I'd post this here in case there was any interest.

I have a Snap-On Master Series triple bank toolbox with top hutch that I am selling as I no longer need it and It does not really fit into my small garage. I was a former auto technician and purchased this box new in 2006 and it was used there until 2011 when I got out of the business and it has been sitting at my house crammed in my garage ever since. This would be a great edition for someone who has a garage large enough to house it and is looking for that final element to make their dream garage complete. The box is in good shape but does show some signs of use as this was purchased as a working box and not a show piece.

The box has 22 drawers and they are 30" deep. I have all hardware for the top hutch for mounting stuff to the back. I have the original owners manual and even the original bottle of touch up paint that came with it new and both sets of keys.

*** YOU WILL NEED A FLATBED TO MOVE THIS BOX! *** It is large and very heavy and will not be able to be loaded into a box truck or pickup truck.

Original MSRP of this box was over $17,000, I am selling this for $8,500.

I you need any specific information or want any specific photos please reply or PM me................... Thank you. Google Maps

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2016 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is going to be a tough sell.

Used boxes sell for less percentage per dollar than a race car.

You'll do better trading it in to your local Snap-On stealer on something else you need.
bonaduce

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2016 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of my tech's here at work will give you 5K

dan
Fastfiero1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2016 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastfiero1Send a Private Message to Fastfiero1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dan, I appreciate your tech's offer but I will decline. For $5k I will just keep it.

And to ThunderstruckGT, you make a valid point but a good box still holds worth unless you are one of those people who would rather pay almost double my asking price just to say it's "new". Besides I really have no motivation to sell it. It's paid off and at my house so I own it and am not on a time clock to move it. I am not behind on any major bills and realistically if my garage was big enough to fit it where I would want to put it I wouldn't even be selling it. I just figured I'd test the waters and see what happened. Figured if I did sell it I would go buy something smaller and put some bucks in my pocket at the same time.

Also the first call I made was to my old Snap-On dealer who was the one who sold it to me and he offered me $6500 which was understandable as he would be looking to resell it for a profit. He told me he would sell it for $10k if he was selling it on the truck but would prolly let it go for $8500 if he had an offer. Whether that is a bunch of bs or not, who knows?
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2016 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was referring to Snap-On, Mac, etc. Not some crap from Harbor Fright.

I strongly suggest you take your Snap-On stealer up on his offer, it'll probably be the best you'll see.

If you want, I can post one like it that is on my local Craigslist for $4000.00. It may even be a tad bigger.

By the way.... In my opinion, Snap-On boxes are the best there is. They're just way overpriced and that reflects in the resale.

I have 2 Snap-On boxes that I bought as barely used repos. I saved a ton of money and kept them.

[This message has been edited by Thunderstruck GT (edited 03-25-2016).]

tebailey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2016 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For me that would be down sizing. Heavy equipment takes big tools.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2016 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Snap On is for the professional while Craftsman is for the home mechanic and is usually good enough. . You are asking $8K for a toolbox while most owners here don't pay that for two or three complete Fieros. I cannot say that the price is not fair but IMO it is tough selling a high end toolbox to the low budget classic car audience that resides here.. Try eBay.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 07-11-2016).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock