Started on: 12-05-2014 12:57 PM
Replies: 7 (284 views)
Last post by: ls3mach on 02-27-2015 01:34 PM
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2014 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The first guitar is a Dobro clone. It features a solid full size dreadnought maple body with cedar top, no plywood whatever.

The neck is solid ash with an art deco head and is square for lap playing. The tuners are Grover and the cone assembly comes from Stewart MacDonald.

The Shatten pickup feeds a 1/4" phone jack in the strap button.

This is a fabulous Resonator. You won't believe how wonderful a sound it makes. SOLD

Next is a headless bass. It is entirely hand cut from North Carolina black walnut with a African Wenge Wood neck.
The pickups are EMG and are absolutely outstanding in tone. The bass is resonant and feels alive in your hands.
The finish on the neck is Tongue oil so any scratches or nicks are easy to repair. The body is finished in Tongue oil and carnuba wax all hand rubbed.
People are really impressed when I play this one. It sounds fabulous.
The advantage of playing a headless bass you will discover after about an hour of playing. It does not tire you out.
It is being sold with it's hard shell case for $850 plus shipping.

The last one is a variegated green jazz guitar. It started out as a Ktone, but, has been entirely renovated.
I used the Ktone body as they are very solidly built with a heavy top and sides.
It features Grover Sta-tite traditional tuners, a heavy Art Deco tail piece, but the real changes are the electronics
The pickups are fat pat pickups with Gibson volume and tone controls,
and a push pull for the neck pickup to change your tone to light or heavy.
The frets are low profile for smooth action.
This guitar is made for jazz or blues. I'd recommend it for either.
If you like a hollow body, this is a good one.
I am selling it for $550 plus shipping.

[This message has been edited by Arns85GT (edited 03-20-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can I see more pictures of the headless bass? My uncle is awful, but I want to get him something nice. He has a few what I have gathered really nice ones, but none headless. If I take pictures of them, can you tell me if we are even talking in the same league?
Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is how it started out. A piece of North Carolina black walnut which is reverse laminated in the center. I'll bet you can't see the seam

This is the raw body assembled with an ebony fret board not yet fretted.

This is the neck with book matched wenge wood

This is the finished body shot

It fits nicely into an SG case. While lighter and shorter to play, it is a full size bass fret board/ string length and this one sounds awesome.

There is just no way to buy a commercial one done this way.

Sure you can PM me your email address and I will get back to you so you can send me pics of his.

Arn

[This message has been edited by Arns85GT (edited 02-26-2015).]

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't think his is commercially produced. He won one of the nicer ones in a raffle at a blues festival. I am asking him about it now. Was that starting pieces something you cut or did it come as that block and shape?
Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The body and neck were hand cut and shaped. The fret board was CNC cut
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2015 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Apparently the one he won that I thought was handmade is actually a guitar. Delany.

http://delaneyguitars.com/DelaneyDouble.html

The nice bass he has is a Music Man.

http://www.musiciansfriend....tingray%202h&index=3

Then he got a Martin Acoustic.

http://www.musiciansfriend....electric-bass-guitar

I can snap pictures.

How are these going to compare?

[This message has been edited by ls3mach (edited 02-27-2015).]

Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2015 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Delaney is roughly comparable to a Fender Strat.

The Music man is in a pretty good league. My headless bass would stand up to it well, but is likely more mellow because of the Fender style EMG neck position pickup.

The Martin is an off shore. They are nice, but just not as good as the American made ones.

They are all nice and I expect nice to play.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2015 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Arns85GT:

The Delaney is roughly comparable to a Fender Strat.

The Music man is in a pretty good league. My headless bass would stand up to it well, but is likely more mellow because of the Fender style EMG neck position pickup.

The Martin is an off shore. They are nice, but just not as good as the American made ones.

They are all nice and I expect nice to play.

I think I probably want it. 2 of those 3 were gifts. He won the Delaney. His birthday isn't until April though. He can't play an instrument for crap though, lolol.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock