1973 Skidoo Elite Side x Side Snowmobile Parts by canfirst
Started on: 02-20-2014 12:05 AM
Replies: 7 (392 views)
Last post by: canfirst on 02-02-2015 01:57 AM
canfirst

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would anyone on the forum have or know of anyone having miscellaneous parts for a vintage 1973 Skidoo Elite snowmobile. Please let me know if you do. Thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2014 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh man that is one BA machine! I would really love to see some pics of what you are working on.

Anyway as far as parts for such a machine, there are TONS of people here in Maine that have vintage snow mobile parts and parts yards. One guy I can think of off the top of my head is a guy named Vaun Waterman. He has TONS of vintage sleds. Tractor trailers and warehouses full of stuff. You might try and give him a call. IDK how his shipping is but when ever someone local needs vintage parts he is the first person we call.

Vaun Waterman 207 929 4574

You never know, it's worth a shot. And if I can be of any assistance I would be more then happy to pack and ship any parts for you. His place is not too far from me.

GL with the BA machine!
canfirst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2014 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
weloveour86se, Thank you very much for the information!
Would you happen to know his email address, if possible please forward it to me.
Thanks again, canfirst
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2014 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't think he has email sadly. He an older gentleman and is very old school. Phone is the best chance of getting ahold of him.

If you like PM me with a brief description of the parts your seeking and I will be glad to call him for you. I could at least see if he even has any antique side X side parts. Honestly this guy has TONS and TONS of stuff! Yards and trailers and buildings full. One building is 2 stories, end to end, top to bottom old sleds!!

I would be glad to help in any way I can!

HAGN!
Andrew
canfirst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2014 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
weloveour86se,
Hello Andrew, here is a link/photo to/of my vintage 1973 Skidoo Elite (the previous Owner painted it blue/gold, but original colors are white/yellow, colors will be changed back to original):

The photo is of the Drivers side and shows the rear red side marker light which is missing from the Passenger side.
This is the part I'm looking for, I believe both sides are interchangeable. If possible, could you check and see if this marker light might be available and if so for what cost?
I would love to see that snowmobile bone yard, it sounds absolutely amazing!
Thank you again for your reply and offer to help, it's sincerely appreciated!
Cheers,
John

[This message has been edited by canfirst (edited 03-03-2014).]

canfirst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2015 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for update.
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Srry Cani. I been super busy this year. Working 6-7 day weeks. Uncle Sam loves me BTW.

Anyway I haven't been out to the yard this guy has yet but my neighbor went a few weeks ago. He picked up a couple of bogeys I needed for my sled and some parts he needed. So this yard is still there and running. The guy is super busy supposedly with TONS of customers. I have tried calling and have yet to get someone answer. My neighbor says it's best to call early am working hours and late pm working hours.

Try giving the guy a call. His name is Vaun Waterman. 207 929 4574. He will probably at the very least know where to score some parts for you or point you in the right direction.

GL Mang!

canfirst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by weloveour86se:

Srry Cani. I been super busy this year. Working 6-7 day weeks. Uncle Sam loves me BTW.

Anyway I haven't been out to the yard this guy has yet but my neighbor went a few weeks ago. He picked up a couple of bogeys I needed for my sled and some parts he needed. So this yard is still there and running. The guy is super busy supposedly with TONS of customers. I have tried calling and have yet to get someone answer. My neighbor says it's best to call early am working hours and late pm working hours.

Try giving the guy a call. His name is Vaun Waterman. 207 929 4574. He will probably at the very least know where to score some parts for you or point you in the right direction.

GL Mang!

Thank you for your follow up and lead for Skidoo Elite parts, it's very much appreciated!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock